Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Fullsize Member
4,167 Posts
is that joe in his new pink floyd shirt? but for real im glad he hasnt shot anyone, its really scarry, this new thing of kids shooting at schools, i personally cant grasp it

·
Registered
146 Posts
He probably goes to Michigan. I'm glad we don't have this problem in Texas. Everybody here carries a gun. This is what would happen to some punk busting into our schools :enforce Booyakasha!

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Kinda why "weapons-free zones" have made ALL KIDS sitting targets in their classrooms: no one to resist.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
How many us that sit in classes think about what they would do if someone came in shooting? I always sit in the first or second seat in a classroom; sometimes I'll look around and see if there's any empty seat/desks to throw (yes, I'm that big, and empty seats are common in the front row), and I'll take note of particularly large textbooks near me that I might throw... anything to give me a second or two to get free of my chair and leap for the guy.

Not that I'm always paranoid, but from time to time, I'll run a mind exercise of "what if..." ;)

·
yes
1,769 Posts
How many us that sit in classes think about what they would do if someone came in shooting? I always sit in the first or second seat in a classroom; sometimes I'll look around and see if there's any empty seat/desks to throw (yes, I'm that big, and empty seats are common in the front row), and I'll take note of particularly large textbooks near me that I might throw... anything to give me a second or two to get free of my chair and leap for the guy.

Not that I'm always paranoid, but from time to time, I'll run a mind exercise of "what if..." ;)
:stupid
I think every one should be allowed to carry their own weapon. I know the problems it COULD start. But if every one knew that everyone else had a gun...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Good idea. Throw a book at him and then charge the guy with a gun. What they need to do is make it legal to carry on all school properties. Some states are making it legal and I think it's a step in the right direction. People would think twice about doing stuff like this. Democrats will try to argue that it's a bad thing, but it's kind of hard to argue with facts, even though Democrats are usually pretty good at that.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Good idea. Throw a book at him and then charge the guy with a gun. What they need to do is make it legal to carry on all school properties. Some states are making it legal and I think it's a step in the right direction. People would think twice about doing stuff like this. Democrats will try to argue that it's a bad thing, but it's kind of hard to argue with facts, even though Democrats are usually pretty good at that.
Oh sweet jesus, take that crap over here:
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Hey, as long as they don't allow the professors to carry, I'd be down. Those profs are already a little :wacko sometimes!

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
Laugh if you like, but quick thinking and a plan of action can at least give you a fighting chance; it's a damn sight better plan than just wishing I had a gun. I'd rather be armed as well, and I'm a fair shot with a pistol, so I like to think I would make a difference; but at the moment, you gotta think in terms of what's available now, not what you'd like to have available in a perfect situation. ...and lets face it, most of the kids in today's classrooms are going to freeze up, because they've never seriously thought about it and they don't have a plan. If anyone's going to save my ass, it's most likely going to be me.

In terms of personal security, I think it's called living in "condition yellow" with an ability to move through "condition orange" (threat assessment) and into "Condition Red" (fight mode) at a moments notice.

I may just end up being be the first to die, but without action, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be dead anyway; at least in my scenario, I and those around me have a chance.

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Laugh if you like, but quick thinking and a plan of action can at least give you a fighting chance; it's a damn sight better plan than just wishing I had a gun. I'd rather be armed as well, and I'm a fair shot with a pistol, so I like to think I would make a difference; but at the moment, you gotta think in terms of what's available now, not what you'd like to have available in a perfect situation. ...and lets face it, most of the kids in today's classrooms are going to freeze up, because they've never seriously thought about it and they don't have a plan. If anyone's going to save my ass, it's most likely going to be me.

In terms of personal security, I think it's called living in "condition yellow" with an ability to move through "condition orange" (threat assessment) and into "Condition Red" (fight mode) at a moments notice.

I may just end up being be the first to die, but without action, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be dead anyway; at least in my scenario, I and those around me have a chance.
:stupid
Couldnt have said it any better myself...:beer

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts

It's actually very prudent advice.

My son volunteers at his training facility to be an attacker for their urban defense classes they offer. He dresses up in a padded suit and they put a bunch of different common everyday items laying around. He attacks the people in the class and they have to learn to defend themselves with anything that is available to grab. Very real world. Chances are most folks don't have a CCW permit so you better be good at using almost anything as a weapon.

Reminded me of a MOSSAD defensive training I once saw. :shocked The attackers were relentless and absolutely brutal, the defenders had to use anything they could grab to ward off their attackers or get pummeled by multiple attackers. You can't get anymore real world than that without having actually been attacked. They pretty much were!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yea when you put it that way, I guess doing something and possibly dieing is better then doing nothing and possibly dying. I'd still rather have my .45. I just don't get what the sudden fascination with doing stuff like this is. This kind of stuff didn't happen 20 years ago.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This kind of stuff didn't happen 20 years ago.
That's because kids today are pussies. Before I get flamed by all the youngsters on here, let me clarify that I am 22 and still consider myself to be pretty much a man-child, also. Kids today are so sensitive and quick to take the ***** way out. No one wants to confront their problems head on anymore. They want to run away. This shit makes me sick when punks do this crap. In all honesty these kids just need a really good ass kicking. Oh... boo who... I get made fun of at school. Then stand up for yourself, *****.

Rant over.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
That's because kids today are pussies. Before I get flamed by all the youngsters on here, let me clarify that I am 22 and still consider myself to be pretty much a man-child, also. Kids today are so sensitive and quick to take the ***** way out. No one wants to confront their problems head on anymore. They want to run away. This shit makes me sick when punks do this crap. In all honesty these kids just need a really good ass kicking. Oh... boo who... I get made fun of at school. Then stand up for yourself, *****.

Rant over.

Not all kids, there are a lot of good ones out there but yeah there are way too many young people now who seem to think Life/Government/Parents/Employers OWE them.

Probably the second most common thing after "I love you" that I said to my kids growing up. LIFES NOT FAIR, get used to it. :thumbup

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
How many us that sit in classes think about what they would do if someone came in shooting?
Always. The first day of class I always pick a seat that would be out of the direct line of fire from the door and would give me the advantage should I have to pull my knife on him (gun-free campus). When we go to restaurants, I always sit facing the door, and when we go to theaters or other places of the sort I always sit where I have a view of everyone who walks into it. I wouldn't say I'm paranoid, because I don't lose sleep or fret over any of it, I'm just always at a 100% "condition yellow" status.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts