Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
FSB warrior
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whos got what?? I know the Ocala boys pack some heat.... but I dont remember what and Im thinkin of buying something to shoot some targets have fun with on the weekends at the range(we only have 3 guns now between 3 of us and one is really expensive to shoot)

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
I'm sure you are talking about hand guns, of which I have none, but am intending to get one for me and one for the little lady. However I do have a Mossberg 30-06 and a Mossberg 12 guage model 835 (shoots the 3 and 1/2 inch rounds).

MM

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,207 Posts
I have 1 A/K preban, Soviet. 1 SKS Russian, 1 Remington bolt action 22lr, 1 Remington 12 gauge 870 Magnum Express, 1 Mossberg Marine model with pistol grip, 1 S&W .357 L frame ported with combat grips, and one Ruger P-89 9mm.. The .357 is my favorite loaded with semijacketed hollowpoints. Used to have a Springfield Armory .45 1911A1, I loved that pistol, but some gutless piece of s**t stole is from me, man did that piss me off.

If I were you I would pick up a Ruger 10/22 rifle to plink with they're accurate, won't kill you on ammo and fun to shoot. For a pistol you can't beat the price of 9mil to shoot, there's so many of them out there now, and it's been a long time since I looked. But my buddy bought one of the new Walther PPK 9's, that is a sweet pistol.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Nice Jer....Quite a collection you have. I turn 18 in april, And i think the first gun i want...If i can find it is a Benelli M3 Super 90. Its an entry 12 guage shotgun....ONe of my favorite guns ever.

T

·
0 Posts
.22's are cheap entertainment, riffle or hand gun. That is probably the cheapest, best investment.

I have an old lever action .22LR it is a blast that has to be my favorite.

Those 3 1/2 inchers through a lot of steel up, That will be my next investment.

Where to start I could write for a long time. Got a cool little Derringer it has 4 barrels. It's cool.

Have a double barrel muzzeloader, one side shotgun, the other riffle. Have no idea what it is. the hammers are on the bottom, the only other ones I have seen have the hammers on the top.

870 remmington express, cheap model, probably the straightest shooting, most durable gun I have ever owned.

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Winchester .243 bolt action...Berretta 9mm....Remington 22LR Bolt action.......My 22Lr is insanely accurate at 100 yrds...so much fun to plink with 22's.. the .243 is great but at 12.00 for 20 rounds it can get expensive....Would help to buy in bulk from Georgia Arms... a small custom loading co. here in Ga. but it only brings the .243 shells to around 10.00 for twenty if you buy 500 rounds....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Glock 23 .40. This puppy is so easy to fire. It is not top heavy at all, barely any kick. It is like pointing/aiming your finger.

You can buy cheap ammo but I don't. $12-20 for a box of 50(target practice). $20 for box of 20(nice big fat hollow points.)

Next gun I purchase will be another Glock!

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
The only thing i have is a 270 by Ruger.
It is a nice gun but really hard to conceal. :toothless

I unfortunatly can not hold a conceal carry or pistol because of my mental history and to be 100% honest it is a good thing.
I get way to upset over little things and hold in hate to much, I would have used it over a thousand times by now, and thats just including autozone employees:mad:

·
FSB warrior
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good stuff. I just started shooting last weekend and fell in love with my buddys Colt 1911 45... last patent 1913 so I was leaning towards one of them, but most newer colt 1911 are 800 bucks, I saw 2 of them, one that was a short goverment model with a tactical light. I found a tompson older 1911 at the pawn shop for 379, and a Ruger P-90 45 for 380 at Sheels. So far im just thinking 22LR for now, I still need a computer, and a lift so 400 is about the max I would spend... and that was if I was getting a 45.

the other gun my buddy has is an M-1 Garand... 180 grains give it a good kick but im used to it now.

1911 copper... if I can get a pic of my buddys 1911 would you like to see it??

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I currently am Down to 2 handguns Myself, I have a Firestar Compact .45. And Italian .380 Thats a Replica of a Walther. One or both of which I keep within Arms reach at all times.

Wish List:

Berretta 93R (Good luck getting that into the country)
.44 Magnum Desert Eagle
H&K MP5 (Semi, and Three Shot burst Version)
Wheatherby Mark 5 Chambered in .460 (in case I run into any Stray Elephants while offroading)

:thumbup

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
ME:
1941 No. 4 Mk. 1 Lee-Enfield
S&W 422 .22LR pistol

DADs handguns:
2 Springfield Loaded 1911s, 1 fullsize, 1 mid size; both .45
Taurus 92C 9mm
Ruger Speed 6 .357 MAG
DADs Rifles:
Moisin Nagant (Russian POS)
1902 Swedish Mauser Rifle (MINT)
1917 Swedish Mauser Carbine (MINT)
Krag .30-40 rifle with Mannlicher stock
SKS
Belgian AK copy
Remington Target Master .22LR
12ga (can't remember which model)
MOM (Ex-cop)
2 snub noses both .357s, 1 is a Colt, 1 is an S&W.

·
FSB warrior
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^^^^^^^^ thats a gun toatin family right there^^^^^^^

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
but most newer colt 1911 are 800 bucks,
my dad got both his springfields for around $700. they are worth every penny and have super tight tolerances for a mass produced gun that is $700. when i can afford it i will buy one too.

my cousin, who is an armorer for the US marshals says that my dads springfields are sweet and i agree. IMO, i hate glocks. i think they shoot real funny, but thats just me.

·
FSB warrior
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
too bad no one has a M-2 to mount on there Bronks

·
FSB warrior
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Andy351 said:
my dad got both his springfields for around $700. they are worth every penny and have super tight tolerances for a mass produced gun that is $700. when i can afford it i will buy one too.
In my limited knowledge of firearms, I would agree with you, (even about the Glock) however I was simply stating that 700 or 800 is out of my price range for a first gun at the moment.

Do yall think a used Ruger P-90 is a good deal at 380??

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
my three favorite hand gun rounds are .357, 40 cal and .45
not always in that order. if you want cheap get a .22 or a 9mm. if you want a little more balls in an affordable auto loader, get a 40 cal or a .45. if you want a big azz canon get a .357 or a .44.
i love my .44 s$w kinda useless, has a 2" barrel but it puts out about a 2' flame. i love my colt .357 and my [email protected] .40.
if you get a handgun, spend the extra money and get it in stainless. all mine but 2 are, and they are very easy to maintain.

jer, is that a real soviet ak, or a norinko? we's gonna have to go shooting. i'll bring my .223 theres a out door range near 19 and 44.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts