Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched and it didint answer my question. how do you gut the cat with it still attached to the truck if i could cut it off i would but on the straight sixs the pipe is real close to the transmission and i cant get to it any help would be appriciated
thanks taylor

·
Designated Tranny Killer
7,309 Posts
search a little harder, I know for a fact there is a thread on this........................cause I started it

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
You might as well just cut the thing off and sell it.

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,640 Posts
Why not cut an "access" hole in the cat, gut it then weld the door shut?

·
Registered
249 Posts
In Alabama, I'm not sure if they do emission checks, but maybe

A. No Welder
B. So Smogger doesn't see it?

I'm going to have to do something about my weak a$$ exhaust. I bought the truck and it's a West Coast Bronco living on the East Coast now, so I'm sure with Cali emissions, there is probably some things in there I can toss or do away with. I'd be interested in seeing how clogged they are. I personally don't have a welder and don't like fooling with exhaust. Never really have

·
Registered
374 Posts
Dont do it, you'll be breaking a federal law. I would take the exhaust off and ram a pipe through the cat to "open" it up a bit though.

·
Premium Member
4,184 Posts
Get going about 65-70 and turn the key off, careful not to lock the collumn.
Mash the pedal to the floor and coast down to about 45, then turn the key back on.........
Repeat as needed till you can see chunks flying out the tail pipe.
Most times this works, but some times the chunks will lodge in the muffler, then yer hosed.

It's easier to do at night so you can see the flames shooting out the pipe. :toothless

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,640 Posts
Get going about 65-70 and turn the key off, careful not to lock the collumn.
Mash the pedal to the floor and coast down to about 45, then turn the key back on.........
Repeat as needed till you can see chunks flying out the tail pipe.
Most times this works, but some times the chunks will lodge in the muffler, then yer hosed.

It's easier to do at night so you can see the flames shooting out the pipe. :toothless
Does that really work?

·
Registered
11,042 Posts
Does that really work?
:histerica

With a carb... well, who knows what else will blow up with it... :histerica:histerica:histerica

edit: Actually, it might be better to mash the pedal a whole bunch of times that way you're getting a big hit from the accelerator pump everytime you do it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.