Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doin a SAS on my '95 F150, goin with 9" coils up front.

I want to do this right the first time, i bought skyjackers when i did my TTB lift, they do ook but im looking for something that rides a little better. what shocks do you guys recomend for a 9" lift??? any of you runnin bilstiens??? im bugeting about $400 for shocks.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
dogonmut said:
Go to a shock manufactor's web site and find the length of travel needed and build you mounts accordingly.
:stupid

What kind of ride you looking for? Good for offroad or good for street? For the best of both you would need an adjustable shock, or a middle of the road compromise at the least.

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
dogonmut said:
Your best bet is to worry about your shocks last. Get every thing on then articulate your suspension and take measurements.

Go to a shock manufactor's web site and find the length of travel needed and build you mounts accordingly.

Then you only have to buy shock once.
:stupid

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i want to get everything before i start the conversion, i cant be without the truck for more than a few days, daily driver and i dont have a second car to drive around.

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i could do the SAS, then set it down w/o shocks, but i dont have the time to do that. UNLESS my shocks from my 6" ttb lift will do for a week or so

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
i'm running 9" superlift coils for the 79's, and have 14" travel RS5000s. mounted so that i have around 4" of uptravel and 10" of down travel. havent bottomed out the shocks yet, only used all 10" of extension once. they are pretty soft, so they offset the stiffness of the superflift coils. but they ride preetty nice on the trail too, not too bouncy. i like them

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
jrdbronco said:
i'm running 9" superlift coils for the 79's, and have 14" travel RS5000s. mounted so that i have around 4" of uptravel and 10" of down travel. havent bottomed out the shocks yet, only used all 10" of extension once. they are pretty soft, so they offset the stiffness of the superflift coils. but they ride preetty nice on the trail too, not too bouncy. i like them
I'm running the RS5000's also, and have been totally happy with them (even thought I don't like my 6" superlift superstiff coils). I'll be using the 5000 series again with the 1 ton swap and additional lift.

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
soo you guys think the superlifts ride too stiff??? the only reason im goin with them is becuse i have them on my 6" ttb lift now and they ride ook

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol ive never ran any other spring, the lift was given to me by someone that did an SAS.

basically i dont want it to jar my teeth out when goin through ruts and stuff, but its also a truck, not a caddy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts