Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey what is the gross vehicle weight rating (gvwr) for a 78 bronco, my vin tag has fallen off and i can't check

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
As mentioned previously the two common GVWs are
U150 is 6100 LBS
U151 is 6400 LBS

There might be two other GVWs out there for the Bronco's though nobody has proved otherwise.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ford Shop manual says the Bronco has 3 different gvw's:

U150-6100lbs
U151-6400lbs
U152-6550lbs

Ford can tell you what it should have been from the factory if you give them your VIN.:toothless

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Edit - nevermind.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
There 3 different numbers.:toothless

The gross vehicle weight. I have seen a U150 and the U151. I hve never seen a U152 and have my doubts if any were produced. I think if you ever found a U152 it would be a pretty rare one.

·
Banned
495 Posts
There 3 different numbers.:toothless

The gross vehicle weight. I have seen a U150 and the U151. I hve never seen a U152 and have my doubts if any were produced. I think if you ever found a U152 it would be a pretty rare one.

HAHA ya i know they are different numbers and weight.. i wonder if its different weights beacuse of auto vs manual trans or fulltime vs partime xfer acse, that 203 is a heavy BUGGER!! that reminds me im looking for a NP203 ayone got ones range box laying around they wanna send me?

Ray

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
I don't know what the actual difference would be to make the GVW different. I know there were 2 classes of Trailer Special Bronco's available, maybe that has something to do with it? Spring ratings in the rear.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Nobody seems to know about the GVW. It's not dual front shocks, or seating capacity.

The only effect a heavy transfer case would make is decreased hauling capacity of the Bronco, though still the same GVW.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts