Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I got this idea from here and now have a chance to do it, but want to know if anyone has actually done it and opinions. I have a chance to get my hands on a H2 spare tire carrier, which looks like it should be a bolt up with a little drilling and fab of bracing. This would cost me far less than buying a custom bumper, plus I like the look of th stock chrome. Now I know that there are many who will say that anything is possible, and I agree, given the time and skill, but given that I don't have huge amounts of spare time, I am OK welder/fabricator but not quite to the level of making my own bumper w/ spare carrier, and my Bronco is what I have to drive whenever it rains and the Harley stays home, I don't see that as a great answer. I would like to know if y'all think this is a weekend to 4 day job or not before I drop some cash. If anyone has done it then I would love to know how it went. Thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I've never seen one in person, but it looks like it could just bolt on with a wee bit of drilling. It might interrupt the path of the tailgate. I don't think H2s had a flip down tailgate, I think it was swing out like a jeep. What's the price you're getting it for? Even on ebay they seem to be around $500.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
personally i wouldnt bother. then again i have a strong hate for h2s. also theyre like rediculously heavy. id just fab my own. actually id judt do what i did and get rid of the spare and carrier altogether.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It seems to me it would be cheaper and easier to hunt down an original factory tire carrier and work it out. Mine holds a 35" tire and a Hi Lift jack and does it just fine. If your Bronc didn't originally have the factory swing away tire carrier then the fender will need some internal bracing to deal with the weight.

Screamin':toothless

1 - 4 of 4 Posts