Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just watching the news and they are talking about the record snowfall this year in Ontario. The most snowfall since 1938, I believe. They are showing the accidents and this one guy was interviewed. I had to laugh. He says, blah blah blah snow....I guess I should have bought snow tires:histerica:histerica:histerica:histerica:histerica:histerica:histerica so this guy has been driving all winter without:banghead

I hear people around here say that and I just shake my head, but to hear it from an Eastener, someone who lives in the snow belt...I just had to laugh.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I don't know. I had never bought snow tires until this year and I've lived in Washington my entire life and Eastern Washington (a lot more snow) for 6 years. Depending on your vehicle and driving style you don't need them for a normal winter. Only reason I needed them this year was because the snow got so deep and all the thick ice that was everywhere as well. That being said it is a little stupid to not go "hmmm this year seems worse than normal". Hence why I did go out and get snow tires this year.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Well since we don't get snow in MN I stick with the same all year round.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My cars don't leave the driveway without snow tires around here. I have had 2 winters where I "got by" without them, but it's a night and day difference in traction with them on. There was a fair bit of snow this winter, but I didn't have so much as a single slide or slip even in the worst of it. Even when I was hitting the ebrake! hahaha

·
ford freak
731 Posts
i had racing tires on my vw...i had a hard time driving in wet weather let alone snow. because of that i have an extra set of stock rims with all season tires on them. it is night and day different.

·
Trying to finish it
1,355 Posts
good 'ol Al Gore should be here in northeast Ohio. we had about a foot and a half i had to pull my sister up a hill with the bronco (no tread on tires). i was laughing the whole time.

·
Registered
294 Posts
So, Global Warming makes it snow more?????:shrug
El Nino makes it snow more. It was an El Nino or its counter part whatever its called that made it snow more this year. And snow tires, psh my ATs got me by fine this year in Thunder Bay, however if I wasnt driving a Bronc ie stuck in a car I wouldnt have AT tires and then I prob would have snow tires.

Snow tires are night and day but I would argue in the GTA (I actually wrote large cities to begin with and then realized the only large city I have experiance with for more then a week is Toronto) you dont need snow tires. Outside of GTA yes, but you got to go all the way out of the GTA. I mean, unless it is actively snowing somewhat strong while you are driving, you never drive on more then slightly slushed roads and thats just for a couple hours till the plows catch up. And as long as your not an idiot for a couple hours you shouldnt have a problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts