Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i figured instead of talking about it, id get it done. i took the 96 to the local 4wd shop and had them install a catback system on it. it was kinda hard for me to bring myself to do, some reason i have this idea that it has to be true duals. but im really pleased witht the results. they did 3" from the converter back, and instead of spending the money on a flowmaster, they just used a glasspack. i think it sounds nice so far, even better than a flowmaster. ill wait to see how it sounds after a few weeks. i figure if i dont like it, at least now i have 3" pipe running all the way out, so i can weld a different muffler in myself if i feel like i should. i paid 160 for all of it. thats the cheapest i could find in town. is that pretty comparable to what everyone else pays?

G

·
Cool! Better than duals, lighter, and out of the way. I had the same and got tired of the loudness. 30" long glasspack was ok around town but got tiresome on the highway.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The price sounds about right. I had a 4 Wheel shop do the 3 inch cat back with a 50 series Flowmaster and tuck the tail pipe up closer to the body just before the bumper. It was $210 about 2 years ago. Just replaced the Flowmaster with another one as the original had some rust holes coming through at the welds. Thought it should last longer but I put on about 30,000 miles a year so guess 60,000 is okay on a muffler. Should have gone stainless though.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I am thinking about the same thing. I going to go with headers, but I don't know what else. I want something that is a little loud some but not deafening. Any ideas of a good setup? Thanks...Sorry for hitchhiking.

·
Registered
621 Posts
$160.00 sound's about right a buddy of mine got dual's with glass packs from the manifold's to behind the door's of his scout for $190.00. i just got a quate for my cat back 3" with flowmaster 40 series for $215.00. that's the lowest i've found around here. had a guy quate me $350.00 i thought that was :histerica .

reds61on how does that 50 series sound??

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
160 does sound good... I paid 290... but that was for headers back, dual flowmasters

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
81Bronk36 said:
160 does sound good... I paid 290... but that was for headers back, dual flowmasters

things tend to be a little over priced here. i had one shop tell me 400. i could almost get a bender and do it myself for that price.

oh, why not minot. freezins the reason. ew, minot

·
Registered
25 Posts
D-Diesel, the 50 series is significantly quieter than the 40 series. My son ran a 40 on his '90 and it sounded really good but I do a lot of freeway driving and it was just too much for me. The 50 has a nice low rumble at and just off idle but is "relatively" quiet at higher RPM compared to a glasspack or 40 series.

·
Registered
35 Posts
nu_bronco said:
I am thinking about the same thing. I going to go with headers, but I don't know what else. I want something that is a little loud some but not deafening. Any ideas of a good setup? Thanks...Sorry for hitchhiking.
Im running Bassani Ceramic Coated equal-l headers, with a Bassani 3" Cat pipe, and 3" pipe back to a Flowmaster Stainless 2 chamber and I love it.

This link has quite a bit off bronco exhaust available.

http://www.proficientperformance.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.