Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to yank a K-5 out of a mudhole on a highline this weekend. He had got in a little over his head... well, up to his mirrors anyway. Best part was, he had a 4" lift and 33's and was stuck, but the guy he was with had just went through the hole in a bone stock dodge dakota 4x4. They weren't having much luck getting him out with the dakota though so I told them I would give it a shot. After I got him out the guy thanked me and said

"I'm sure glad you came by, I didn't think we would ever get that thing out, and if we did I didn't want him telling the guys we work with that he pulled out my K-5 with his six cylinder dodge dakota."

I told him "No problem, just tell them he got pulled out by a six cylinder FORD":twotu:

The look on that guys face was priceless! :rofl:

That hole killed 2 K-5s saturday, one was being towed off by a toyota tundra right after I got there, and the guy I pulled out was dead too and had to have the six cylinder dakota guy pull him home.

·
Registered
621 Posts
i've been on the blazer's end of that story, i seized up the motor and got pulled home by a v6 taco. talking about feeling like a real scumbag

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
good story :rofl:

does it really matter what get's pulled out by what? the important thing is that fellow wheelers will help others out. regardless of what they drive.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't figure out why the water killed both of the K-5's so easily... I've never drowned the dizzy on my Bronco in water, and it's pretty low on the side of the motor on my I-6. Both of these guys were running SB V-8's and theirs are way higher than mine and on the back of the engine. I guess the water got in the fan and it blew it back there or something. Either way, they were both in the water long enough to kill their starters and probably got water in everything. I just hope they drain their fluids and start over before they decide to fire them up again or try to drive around. You know how most folks are though, probably won't give it a second thought.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I agree with stepchild, but it is fun to give a little ribbing to the chevy guys once in awhile....the ones around here are non-stop knockin fords, til I have to pull them out, because the chevys are broke or wont do the job.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Thats crazy how those little trucks can sometime go right through the stuff and then the big trucks just sink in it. I guess it might have to do with all the extra weight? Yeah guess he doesnt know that the I6 is a torque monster. Itll almost pull a tree out of the ground:toothless

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
good story, I like the part where you break the news to him about your six.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
pics?

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Ya know I've heard that the stock distributors in those older k-5s and chevy trucks sucked pretty bad. Might have something to do with those k-5s crappin out

I love the I6-300. Im gonna build a turbo'ed one some day

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
magnumpi said:
Ya know I've heard that the stock distributors in those older k-5s and chevy trucks sucked pretty bad. Might have something to do with those k-5s crappin out
I love the I6-300. Im gonna build a turbo'ed one some day
WTF!!!!!! Are you making axcuses for chevy now?????!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?:twak :twak :twak
That's it Magnum, you don't get to use the Ferarri for a week!

·
Back in TEXAS
1,967 Posts
I used to have a '71 K5. Best mod I ever did was the Mallroy Comp 9000 dizzy. It was water tight:twotu:

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
waltman said:
WTF!!!!!! Are you making axcuses for chevy now?????!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?:twak :twak :twak
That's it Magnum, you don't get to use the Ferarri for a week!
Dammit, guess i'll have to use the porsche

I wasn't really trying to make an excuse, just repeatin something a chebby dude told me

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A buddy of mine has a jeep that they just swapped a 350 into, I'll warn him about the dizzy.

No pics, it was nearly dark when I got there and all I had was my camera phone... it didn't have enough flash to pic up anything, pic was just dark and grainy...

Somebody gets stuck in that hole every weekend, I guess it's a right of passage around here... if you have a 4X4, you gotta go run it through "The Hole" as they call it. That's the second time I've pulled someone out of it, and I floated a Honda 350 Rancher 4x4 in it one weekend. The water was down and I thought I might make it... no go though, my nephew and I had to pick it up and carry it out and we were waste deep at one point.

Glad nobody has pics of that day, I felt like a real

:doh0715: :doh0715: :doh0715: :doh0715: :doh0715: :doh0715: :doh0715: :doh0715:

·
Registered
209 Posts
i have a 300 I6 in my 87 F-150 XL 4x4, and man that thing is a bear! i wont pretend its a 454 or 460 in HP or torque but it can hold its own next to small cube V-8's (think 289, 302) 351=best all around Ford motor going, next to the 300 I6

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wouldn't trade mine for anything but a Cummins.

·
Registered
209 Posts
ill agree with you partialy on that one, i dont didlike the Cummins, but i pefer the 7.3 Turbo Powerstroke thats in the F-250 these days, man if you could coupple that up to a bronc...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is a guy on pirate doing a bronco/cummins marriage...

CLICK HERE FOR THREAD LINK

I guess you can be as wild as you want to be... till the $$$ runs out anyway. I'm sure the powerstroke swap is do-able also.

Connecting rods from the Duramax, PowerStroke, and Cummins. (Left to Right: 6.5 GM - 7.3 POWERSTROKE - 5.9 CUMMINS ) The thing to note is that not only is the Cummin's connecting rod much more massive but that the cap is offset to allow less load to be placed on the gap between the bearing halfs.

·
Registered
531 Posts
stepchild88 said:
good story :rofl:

does it really matter what get's pulled out by what? the important thing is that fellow wheelers will help others out. regardless of what they drive.
And this is what makes america a great place...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
stepchild88 said:
quicksilver3602003 said:
And this is what makes america a great place...
If it mattered I wouldn't have anyone to wheel with... I'm the only "FORD GUY" around it seems. Most run Chevy's, a couple of Dodge's and Jeeps... I have the only Bronco, and the only Ford that I've ever seen down there. You know how those Chevy guys are though...:wacko they're always harrassing me about my Ford, or my 6 cylinder... so I get my licks in when I can...:box0715:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts