Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO PICS FOR YOU PIC WHORES! GET OVER IT!

Coming back from about an hour north of Jax when we stopped at a gas station to fill up with diesel. I was about to hand my coworker some gatorade when I looked past our truck to notice some traffic and a large white thing (F-350 work truck) flying/skidding into the back of an older S-10. I started running to the accident which was about 75 yards away. I yelled for my coworker to call 911 and flipped over a fence and ran across three lanes (no traffic on my side) I helped who I could and noticed that it basically totaled the Ford... it blew the engine up and we had a hell of a time pushing against the wheels that where trying to lock up the bumper that was dragging and the massive oil spill... One guy went to the hospital and the S-10 and some little car thingy had minor damage.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Side note: the F-350 hit the S-10 square (maybe a little harder to the right.), bumpers matched up.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
So where's the pics?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ToddACimer said:
So where's the pics?
I reckon on the dash cam of the CUSTOMS patrol car that was beside the turn lane... Iunno.

P.S. Ass.

·
broncofied
1,476 Posts
Most times in collisions the vehicle that hits is worse off than the one that got hit. Just from what i've seen i'm actually thinking about buying one of those trucks they don't suck necessarily you can total anything:popc1:

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
MANNY said:
Most times in collisions the vehicle that hits is worse off than the one that got hit. Just from what i've seen i'm actually thinking about buying one of those trucks they don't suck necessarily you can total anything:popc1:
i'll rearend an s10 with a 9n-96 ford truck/bronco any day:toothless

·
Never ending project
1,084 Posts
I did that to a Honda acord:shocked took out the trunk and both quarter panels didn't even scratch my bumper.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bigbroncojeff said:
i'll rearend an s10 with a 9n-96 ford truck/bronco any day:toothless

Ok Jeff...

1. Your truck is lifted and you hit the bed, not the frame of an older S-10.
2. Spring rates are different... coil vs. leaf is apples to oranges.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
Spookshow ONE said:
Ok Jeff...

1. Your truck is lifted and you hit the bed, not the frame of an older S-10.
2. Spring rates are different... coil vs. leaf is apples to oranges.
either way i'd rather be in an f250 than an s10... go to nhtsa.gov and see which one gets better safety ratings.... don't think the spring rates have much to do with the impact though

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dustin said:
time to shut your mouth spook cause you obviously have no idea what your talking about.
How do you figure?

1. If you look at the pictures, the frame/bumper of the S-10 is INTACT!!! Wow! Hitting the thin, sheet metal tub of a bed, is alot different than hitting the thick steel frame of a truck.

2. Jeff has aftermarket, lifted, coil springs. They tend to absord shock better and have a different spring rate when you slam on the brakes than say, factory , stock, leaf springs. When I slam on the breaks with my F-250, the front of the truck moves differently than with my old lifted 78 Bronco... again, apples and oranges.

3. If the 350's so tough, how come it totaled it?

4. Even the government can be wrong. These are the same people that give 5 star ratings to mini vans, that, yet when flipped or hit with a big truck, people inside die.

5. If you disagree with me fine, but there's no reason to tell me to shut my mouth. That was uncalled for.

6. The S-10 was at a dead stop, the F-350 was doing 45 mph or more. Truck did not put on breaks until 20 feet behind the S-10... I think this has something to do with it.mJeff, please post the exact circumstances.

I'll add more later.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Spookshow ONE said:
How do you figure?

2. Jeff has aftermarket, lifted, coil springs. They tend to absord shock better and have a different spring rate when you slam on the brakes than say, factory , stock, leaf springs. When I slam on the breaks with my F-250, the front of the truck moves differently than with my old lifted 78 Bronco... again, apples and oranges..
for this statement right here. this has nothing to do with how a vehicle absorbes impact. you have to take in account crumple zones, where and how the vehicle hit, how fast and tire skid/abs activation amoung several other factors. I call BS on your statements

3. If the 350's so tough, how come it totaled it?
each accident is differnt and just by seeing one truck get totaled dosent mean they are shit.

5. If you disagree with me fine, but there's no reason to tell me to shut my mouth. That was uncalled for.
again I say shut your mouth, your really dont want to hear what I REALLY have to say

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Dude I owned an S-10, that freaking rear bumper would bend if some came CLOSE to rear ending you. Not to mention OEM replacement was like $700. I got hit by a Buick with a plastic front end and it torqued up that rear bumper. I think the guy in that S-10 got lucky.

The S-10 was a piece, i bought that one new, and still prefer my miled up Bronco over it. It was a shitbox. I finally tucked and rolled the rear panel and lowered the whole truck. I finally sold it, just never liked it

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dustin said:
for this statement right here. this has nothing to do with how a vehicle absorbes impact. you have to take in account crumple zones, where and how the vehicle hit, how fast and tire skid/abs activation amoung several other factors. I call BS on your statements

each accident is differnt and just by seeing one truck get totaled dosent mean they are shit.

again I say shut your mouth, your really dont want to hear what I REALLY have to say
It does when it changes the height of the impact from vehicle to vehicle... when the bumpers DO NOT line up in Jeff's case then the frame of his Bronco, hitting the BED of the truck instead of FRAME TO FRAME as in my case, changes things drastically. I've heard nothing but bad things about these trucks anyways, tranny issues, elec issues, overheating and t-case issues to axles ones.

Three things I'd like to add/say/ask.

1. Crumple zones suck.
2. An idividual is entitled to his opinion on this, a PUBLIC FORUM.
3. Wtf is your problem?
4. Jeff's comments as to exactly what happened in his accident, will shed a great deal of light as to the facts and outplay of it.
5. Are you so mad because I'm bashing a Ford truck???

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Jay drop it.

I am taking offense to you bashing a ford truck. And i'd hate to see you go the route of Mike2 and Casey. I'd rather own a Ford that would crumple when hit by a chevette than own a chevy.

Who cares anyway?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
you are a moron by this statement
I've heard nothing but bad things about these trucks anyways, tranny issues, elec issues, overheating and t-case issues to axles ones.
how about elaborating? all vehciles have bad things. i can name 5 bad things about any car or brand out there right off the top of my head. nothing is made perfect. what is so bad about 92-96f350..... i can only name a few major cronc problems, 1 being rusty oil pans, but all fords, crown vic though bronco, through f350 have that, and aother being TC that are not the best, but name your truck and i can name 5 cronic problems about that one.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts