Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find half cab conversion kits or parts? Going to redo the body on my 79, and closing off the cab would go a long way towards not freezing half to death in the winter.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Broncoo Graveyard did have the half cab conversion kits at one time. Haven't checked on them in awhile.

Why half cab? Because it is easier to heat or cool a smaller area. Broncos were not know for having fantastic heating or cooling systems.

·
Super Moderator
24,658 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,935 Posts
Why half cab? Because it is easier to heat or cool a smaller area. Broncos were not know for having fantastic heating or cooling systems.
Lol, I drive a cargo van with swiss cheese rocker panels. It never gets warm!

There were rear HVAC systems available for Broncos, just like econolines. I know they were available in the bullnose broncos. Very very rare, I've only seen one in an old brochure.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Broncoo Graveyard did have the half cab conversion kits at one time. Haven't checked on them in awhile.

Then buy an f150??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,855 Posts
Shame they don't make that 1/2 cab soft-top anymore. Even the slant-back I kinda dig is long gone but would have helped. I think at this point... you'll have to be work something up like that for yourself. Fiberglass work isn't terribly hard to do and finding an old FSB topper to chop and modify can be done without an incredible amount of hassle (see 'em pop up online here and there, usually anywhere from $100 - $300, depending).

I don't know what you guys are talking about with the lack of heat issue. Every Bronco I've owned (every gen but the bull-nose) heats up well enough to crack the windows on a long drive. They don't heat up real fast with the amount of cab space we have... but I've never felt the need to do something beyond, drive it and wait a bit.

Maybe I'm just acclimatized differently, having grown up in the PNW but I'm a small dude and we're usually a lot colder than some of you big boys.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I've been looking at options recently. What I'm thinking is making some kind of kydex or sheet metal panel that spans from the seal to the rollbar. From there adding a bikini top with some stable strap anchor points near the top corners of the tailgate. This would make tarping it for rain a bit easier. If you can get that seal from the cab to the rollbar done right, I would think lexan rear windshield or similar attached to the rollbar might be cool. Just thoughts..

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,855 Posts
You could form kydex to frame a lexan rear windshield without to much trouble and it would hold up to securing on a cage better than lexan alone. Hell... you could wrap a cage with the stuff if you could get a big enough sheet and then have removable lexan window "ports".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts