Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Im not sure if i clicked the right link but, radio? im not thinking fans right now, but from what i glanced at looks like you got it buttoned down. I was never into electrics but after thinking about it here it looks like a better option, just havent made the jump yet. Did a Cutlass and some imports but never thought about using my own. About that radio thing...

and this is a cool scene

Car Vehicle Automotive tire Fender City car

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
78CERBERUS said:
Im not sure if i clicked the right link but, radio? im not thinking fans right now, but from what i glanced at looks like you got it buttoned down. I was never into electrics but after thinking about it here it looks like a better option, just havent made the jump yet. Did a Cutlass and some imports but never thought about using my own. About that radio thing...

and this is a cool scene

View attachment 2356
Thanks for the compliment on the pic...but I have no idea what you were talking about otherwise.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This to.......

kf4amu said:
Thanks for the compliment on the pic...but I have no idea what you were talking about otherwise.
I asked about ham radio, and the link you posted came up to the pictures of your fan electrical set up so i thought you were poking me on my post about the wireing diagram for the fan set up. Your set up for the fans was really good.

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,797 Posts
kc2ouc

·
Yup, I'm fullsize....
1,797 Posts
BroncoRex said:
Looks like you're kinda close to me. Which repeaters do you use? I'm mostly on k2aa (sjra.org) 145.290 MHz pl 91.5. Sometimes I'll listen to BEARS in the mornings.

·
Never ending project
1,084 Posts
78CERBERUS said:
Any one here use Ham Radio, or AM 26-27 ? , what channel do you use and how close to Massachusetts are ya ?
Its not legal to talk on 26-27-mhz am with a ham radio unless you have a ham licence but people do it anyway.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mouse doesnt co operate......

kf4amu said:
I didnt post a link....my E-fan writeup is in my sig. But thats always there no matter what thread I post in...

Did u have a e-fan question?
Yah definately...
Actually i keep seeing posts on the taurus fans. So im wondering if "one" would be fine for a 351 or do you need to squeeze two in there if possible. Im thinkin i might try the electric fan set up.

And on the link i probably did miss the target and hit your sig. I have a broken key board and the mouse has got dust built up in there , so i click the wrong thing and miss letters sometimes, i look at the key board while typing and hit enter before looking up , and i have to go back and fix it.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
78CERBERUS said:
Yah definately...
Actually i keep seeing posts on the taurus fans. So im wondering if "one" would be fine for a 351 or do you need to squeeze two in there if possible. Im thinkin i might try the electric fan set up.

And on the link i probably did miss the target and hit your sig. I have a broken key board and the mouse has got dust built up in there , so i click the wrong thing and miss letters sometimes, i look at the key board while typing and hit enter before looking up , and i have to go back and fix it.
OK no prob...just got a little confusing. I guess since your hijacking your own
thread, I'll play along haha:histerica

One taurus fan is plenty for your 351. I have 2, and during a wheeling trip in Florida in October (HOT) one of them broke. The other was adequate to cool the engine while on the trail, but running the AC caused the temp to rise higher than normal, and the fan ran constantly. It never overheated, but the AC wasnt blowing as cold as normal, and I didnt like the temp being higher than normal. My power steering started getting flaky too, which I attributed to heat. With 2 fans, I can have AC, drive on trails, and tow whatever I want...and they still kick off when the coolant temp drops.

So if my 460 can operate fine with 1 Taurus fan in a semi-extreme situation, I would have no problem running your 351 with 1 Taurus fan.

However what I would suggest if you want to run 1 fan, is to get the Thunderbird/MarkVIII fan you see in my writeup. It flows more air than the Taurus fan, and is only 2 inches bigger.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks like you're kinda close to me. Which repeaters do you use? I'm mostly on k2aa (sjra.org) 145.290 MHz pl 91.5. Sometimes I'll listen to BEARS in the mornings
I am with the Warminster Amateur Radio Club,147.09/443.95 (131.8) but not on the air much. QRP CW (40 meters) is my love, next to the Bronco. 73 de N3EOG

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Still trying to find the time to do the studying and take the exam. Trying for the end of the month.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
KI4QFY de Andrew
73's...

Icom 207H and Yaseu VX-6R, 2 *wonderful* radios!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts