Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's.
I'm making a set of rock sliders for my 90 bronco. I've been looking around and really like the hammerite finishes. But where can I get this paint. I looked on the net and could only find it in the UK. Any help is appreciated.
CODY

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
ive looked at hammerite too and didnt find any info about it in the US but you say that your making rock sliders and im sure there going to get scratched up so why not just buy some rustoleum maybe? so any scraches can be fixed up in an instant. Im sure others will chime in on what the did but im pretty sure just about everyone just uses cheap spray paint.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Dustin said:
home depot

kyron also has a version called hammered
:stupid Just use the Krylon and acarry a couple of cans in your "trail gear"!! Instant touch up! :beer

·
Registered
918 Posts
If you cant get them locally,I'd be more than willing to buy you a couple of cans and send them your way at your expense.Our local Orchard Supply and Hardware always has 5-7 cans in stock.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
yep Ace Hardware normally stocks it and it can be ordered by all. we have it in rustoleum.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,681 Posts
No one around here sells Hammerite.....they all look at me like im crazy when i ask for it. I found the Krylon "Hammered" paint. It looks like itll be the same, but i havent used any of it yet.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
wal mart, gloss black, .94 a can. i thought a granite or stone texture finish would be cool. but expensive. under a dollar a can looks just as good on stuff you gotta repaint over & over like sliders

·
Registered
63 Posts
axaviere said:
wal mart, gloss black, .94 a can. i thought a granite or stone texture finish would be cool. but expensive. under a dollar a can looks just as good on stuff you gotta repaint over & over like sliders
After a month or two of touch ups and repaints it will have the "hammered"look!

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
there you go.

just like McCloud used to say. if you wheel alot, youll get tired of painting them time after time. i was always like "i dont need no sliders. poser gear..." whatever you know. and there are these nature trails that used to be semi accessable by car. but vandalism caused them to close off the back parking lot. guy said it seems like if the kids have to walk back there, they dont vandalize. thank god for lazy kids huh? but anyway, they have these huge rocks in the way. i was always thinking ... how can i get over that? not that i would try that. but then it hit me ... sliders baby, sliders. i ran out and got me a hunk o' steel and made me some sliders. if you use them as intended, you only need to paint the sides :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey thanks everybody.
I think I will go check out the Krylon hammered finish. We have an ACE in this little town. Well anyways thanks for the help.
CODY

1 - 13 of 13 Posts