Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to pick up some cut and turn beams for my bronco because right now I have drop brackets and I'm running 5.5" deaver coils up front with a 4" drop pitman (JBG 5.5" lift). I'm able to get the alignment within spec but it still handles like crap in turns. My tires squeal (sounds like passenger front) around corners and when the suspension compresses going through dips, I've heard this is because my steering linkage isn't lined up with the angle of my ttb's and it's making the toe change too drastically when the suspension cycles. Will the cut and turn beams help with this or do I need to get some 4" springs to lower my truck? What are my options?

Thank you!

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,404 Posts
I have the 5.5” lift as well, but I’d bet there’s one difference with mine. Have you looked into the tie rod flip? It basically consists of using a reamer and “reshaping” the holes in the steering knuckles so you can go in from the top instead of coming up from the bottom. This, combined with the drop arm and lift brackets makes it all line up very well. If you look carefully in this pic you can see how the steering linkage stays parallel with the axle beams.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just reading up on the TRE flip last night. We're you having similar issues as me before you went with the flip? Any downsides to doing this?

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you really want to help the steering problem you should look into swing steering. Either single or double

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,327 Posts
@NickOille has a swing arm setup steering on his bronco.

Essentially, the super runner steering from superlift is a swing arm style.

There is no downside to the TRE flip, besides the cost of the reamer.

Ideally, you'd be better off having the TTB mounted in 6" drop brackets. Or stock brackets with CnT beams. I'm not familiar with the 5.5" lift setup

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@NickOille has a swing arm setup steering on his bronco.

Essentially, the super runner steering from superlift is a swing arm style.

There is no downside to the TRE flip, besides the cost of the reamer.

Ideally, you'd be better off having the TTB mounted in 6" drop brackets. Or stock brackets with CnT beams. I'm not familiar with the 5.5" lift setup
I have the beams mounted in the 6" holes already. It's a bummer because i put fresh 35" BFG and i don't want to be wearing through them so quickly. I built up this Bronco as a family camping / off road rig so i want it to be safe. Right now it feels like the passenger front tire wants to tuck under it on left hand turns. All my bushings, ball-joints and steering components are new (except the steering box). Came across this article which explains the problem very well TRS Magazine - Steering Tech - An in-depth discussion about TTB Steering and Alignment . Looks like i have some options. Just wondering about other peoples experiences and how their solutions helped.

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
318 Posts
The bump steer has nothing to do with the poor handling. How's your caster and camber?

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
318 Posts
If you can get the camber closer to 0 or even go negative a bit -.25* for example. it will handle much better and increase stability.

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,964 Posts
How about a picture of your radius arms and drop brackets.

Reactions: twofortyz
1 - 10 of 10 Posts