Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow... there are some strange people around.

Police: Man shoots girlfriend’s ex as Valentine’s ’gesture’

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

FORT SMITH – A man allegedly shot his girlfriend’s estranged husband in the face as a Valentine’s Day gesture and has been jailed on an attempted murder charge, Fort Smith police said.

Gregory Kinsey, 38, survived being shot with a .45-caliber gun, Sgt. Jarrard Copeland said. Charles Ray Morris, 31, was charged in the shooting, Copeland said.

Kinsey called an emergency operator himself.

"You can tell with the 911 call that he was worried," Copeland said.

He told the dispatcher, "I’ve been shot."

Dispatcher: "Where?"

Kinsey: "In the head."

Dispatcher: "Can you stay on the line with me?"

Kinsey: "Yeah, if you hurry. I’m not feeling too good."

The bullet went through Kinsey’s left cheek and exited the left side of his neck.

The victim’s ex-wife told investigators that Morris returned home after midnight and wished her, "Happy Valentine’s Day." When she asked what he meant, police said Morris told her he had "set her free."

"A ccording to her, that’s Charles’s way of making sure Mr. Kinsey is not going to abuse (Kimberly) Pixley anymore," Copeland said.

Police said Pixley told investigators that her estranged husband had abused her for years, but investigators said there is no record that a police report had ever been filed. Police said Pixley was asleep when the shooting occurred and that she was not involved.

Morris, who police say shot Kinsey as he opened the door to the motel where he was living, was arrested without incident. Morris is being held in the Sebastian County Jail without bond. Kinsey was taken to a hospital and is expected to recover.

Morris was late with the Valentine. Kinsey was shot at 1 a.m. on Wednesday.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Im not dissin, Im just saying that sounds typical. Like Kid Rock said "I aint straight outta Compton, Im straight out the trailer":goodfinge :toothless

·
A beer and a gun
2,073 Posts
massbronco said:
what the hell was he thinking when he did that. guess he couldnt buy her flowers and candy had to be unique and shoot someone
I know exactly what he was thinking--have you seen what they jack the flower prices up to around Valentine's day? .45 ACP prices remain the same. It was a budget-conscious decision.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
10,765 Posts
bigric said:
I know exactly what he was thinking--have you seen what they jack the flower prices up to around Valentine's day? .45 ACP prices remain the same. It was a budget-conscious decision.
Very Good ! Very Well Put !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts