1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Karma?
Local HF store had structural issues.
They had to occupy another space that was vacant. Slab was settling and load bearing steel columns are corroding. Roof leaks like a sieve
1B95A835-9EA6-4527-BB5A-936AB22738F9.jpeg
F3088FEC-E702-426A-BE4C-25C25B492079.jpeg
3D1A6F60-88C5-4552-AAA6-500A5C486050.jpeg

·
Registered
78 Custom - 460 - NP435 - NP205 - Sniper EFI - HyperSpark Ignition - 4.56 Gears - Front/Rear Lockers
2,029 Posts
Is that in Florida?

After watching a news report back in 2013 about a dude sleeping in his bed in Florida only to wake up as he was being swallowed up by a sinkhole, I decided eff that place. lol. I guess solid ground isn't always so solid.

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
You're trying to draw connections where there are none. Many HF stores are found in strip centers, many occupy space that was once another business. Hell mine took over what I assume was a daycare (Puppies and kittens wallpaper) for extra storage. Aside from possibly not reporting issues the Business typically has nothing to do with the condition of the building. I can attest to this having worked in a fun center that was in a rented strip center building) Landlords are often cheap and try to cut costs. Ours half assed sealing on warehouse style doors and they never stopped leaking in heavy storms. There were multiple holes in the front from signs where water would enter and then pour out the soffit when it rained. Nuts that secure the steel pillars to the floor were missing, discovered after a wall was removed. reinforcement cables were dangling loose and the response I got was (it's not gonna fall down trust me). We took better care of issues than the landlord ever did and that's not an isolated case.
This is a classic case of shoddy construction and possibly a failure to repair problems on the landlord's end.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@pfun41 I’m just messing around, ‘Rona Bored and find myself hanging out in the bakery next to the “new” HF locale.

Pic is from Miami, shopping mall was built circa 1980. HF has only occupied that space for around 4 years.

Back in the “pre-Hurricane Andrew days, Miami construction was like....well, a HF jack stand.....they blow.

Andrew changed that.
HF expects to be back in their original space by this December.

It’ll be badder than ever....
Like our hurricanes!

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,973 Posts
On the topic of HF..they just opened one last week right down the road..Really nice store and the staff are super friendly. Went in and bought a bunch of s**t I didn't really need but will be good to have..

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,725 Posts
Thats much much nicer looking than our HF... Ours is in a run down building that was joined by an empty K-Mart for ten years. Its in the predominantly poor side of town and looks like it was built after the tornado in 66.

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
@pfun41 I’m just messing around, ‘Rona Bored and find myself hanging out in the bakery next to the “new” HF locale.

Pic is from Miami, shopping mall was built circa 1980. HF has only occupied that space for around 4 years.

Back in the “pre-Hurricane Andrew days, Miami construction was like....well, a HF jack stand.....they blow.

Andrew changed that.
HF expects to be back in their original space by this December.

It’ll be badder than ever....
Like our hurricanes!
Your sarcasm and irony meters are broken.

Get'em fixed............
These days it's getting harder to distinguish Sarcasm.
On the topic of HF..they just opened one last week right down the road..Really nice store and the staff are super friendly. Went in and bought a bunch of s**t I didn't really need but will be good to have..
Is that not every HF trip?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@jermil01 While they were moving, HF hired a labor force company out of GA. There were a few Georgia Peaches....super rare down here.

Anyways, the HF dude that is the district (FL, GA & AL) set up guy that oversaw the whole operation lives in Ocala.

Progress as of today
AD7BE5AA-8456-4841-B808-46B41FE25D3B.jpeg

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,973 Posts
@jermil01 While they were moving, HF hired a labor force company out of GA. There were a few Georgia Peaches....super rare down here.

Anyways, the HF dude that is the district (FL, GA & AL) set up guy that oversaw the whole operation lives in Ocala.

Progress as of today View attachment 164462
They work fast..couldn't believe how quickly ours went from a gutted space to a full renovated store front..should be up and running in no time..

·
Registered
16 Posts
In the words of President Trump..... "China"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts