Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
@Rodan I gotta get my eyes checked. I was focusing on the plane and totally missed the wing in the foreground. 馃

Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
@Want2BS8ed Ahh, yes, Ford. I don鈥檛 remember the golf course, I鈥檒l google, but him landing on the taxiway in front of commercial jets in an ol鈥 skool bright yellow plane was awesome!

You gotta hand it to those guys...doing what they love to do!

Registered
@Want2BS8ed Ahh, yes, Ford. I don鈥檛 remember the golf course, I鈥檒l google, but him landing on the taxiway in front of commercial jets in an ol鈥 skool bright yellow plane was awesome!

You gotta hand it to those guys...doing what they love to do!
Yep, he had a mechanical and lost the engine on a Ryan ST about 5 years ago... bet that left a divit!

The latest was back in April of this year; he taxied across a live runway where another plane was landing...

Reactions: Joecruiser

Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
Discussion Starter #86
Well this thread has gone completely sideways... But it's all good 馃槀 altho I'm still trying to figure out how we went from Jack stands to plane crashes 馃し鈥嶁檧锔

MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
Well this thread has gone completely sideways... But it's all good 馃槀 altho I'm still trying to figure out how we went from Jack stands to plane crashes 馃し鈥嶁檧锔

Reactions: BroncMom

MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
Atho I'm still trying to figure out how we went from Jack stands to plane crashes 馃し鈥嶁檧锔
You indirectly did by posting the Chris Farley gif. :ROFLMAO:

Which, in turn, jarred someone's memory about Patrick Swayze plane crash.

Viola! :geek:

Registered
LOL - Six Degrees of Plane Crashes...

1) Harbor Freight jack stands
2) Validity of FSB membership
3) Happy Farley dancing
4) Swayze dancing
5) Swayze crashing airplane
6) Ford crashing airplane

So yeah, I can see it!

In all seriousness though, I have a pair if stands that need to go back and I wouldn't have know about, hijacked thread and all, if you hadn't posted.

Registered
Discussion Starter #90
You indirectly did by posting the Chris Farley gif. :ROFLMAO:

Which, in turn, jarred someone's memory about Patrick Swayze plane crash.

Viola! :geek:
Like the Kevin bacon theory in play there 馃槒

Registered
Discussion Starter #91
I shouldn't have said that... Now y'all are likely to start posting Kevin bacon crap 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #93
And so it begins 馃槒...

Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
Ok, 10 points for the first pic of Kevin Bacon with anything from.Harbor Freight. 100 points if he's there with the recalled jack stands.

MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L

Reactions: BroncMom

MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L

Registered
LOL this topic sure took a turn from the original post. I just read the title and was like, hmmm...I bought some stands last Saturday 5/29 and they sure look like the ones on recall. I had my bronco up for days on them too. I have one left I have to remove. I guess I need to check the label and maybe return them if they are....but why would they be selling them still? Maybe these are a diff part #, but still scary that they look so similar and have a recall. Maybe I should return them anyways and get another set. These are barely tall enough fully up to even get the bronco up. I still had to use the jack (with extra wood for height) to lift it up again to put the stock tires back on.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts