Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,876 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
LOL this topic sure took a turn from the original post. I just read the title and was like, hmmm...I bought some stands last Saturday 5/29 and they sure look like the ones on recall. I had my bronco up for days on them too. I have one left I have to remove. I guess I need to check the label and maybe return them if they are....but why would they be selling them still? Maybe these are a diff part #, but still scary that they look so similar and have a recall. Maybe I should return them anyways and get another set. These are barely tall enough fully up to even get the bronco up. I still had to use the jack (with extra wood for height) to lift it up again to put the stock tires back on.

View attachment 160741
Harbor freight is not the best at restocking or maintaining good stock. It would be very easy for a store to still have some of the affected stands on the shelves.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,794 Posts
My opinion, Really need 6 ton stands for Bronco. I would only consider 3 ton stands to hold an axle, if truck was support from frame with something else. Or to hold things for paint or what not. If you are working on lifted truck 12 ton stands are great as can hold it up from frame.

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,838 Posts
I agree. I have 3-tons left over from when I owned my '88 Civic and they worked great for a car that wieghed 2300 lbs and sat low to the ground. I don't like using them on my Bronco, because the bases just aren't wide enough. They hold the weight, but I don't feel very comfortable using them.

I need some 6's. I have 12's and they are huge. I can get them under my axles without extending them, but it requires me to jack the Bronco up way more than is necessary.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok cool. Thanks for the responses! I wonder if they will accept exchange and pay the difference for the 6 ton version. I just bought them 8 days ago.

·
Registered
858 Posts
When I returned mine, they gave me a gift card for the amount of the refund... can use it on anything in the store. Of course, they were completely out of any jack stands...

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I returned mine, they gave me a gift card for the amount of the refund... can use it on anything in the store. Of course, they were completely out of any jack stands...
Yeah, that's the main reason I bought 4 of the 3 tons because they had around 10 of them. They only had 2 of the 6 tons.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
You could always order them on line with the gift card...

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
It doesn't matter what brand it is, no scissor lift with that footprint and that height capacity is not gonna be sketchy.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
289 Posts
@pfun41 Cool pic with the Jeep pickup. I’m not into movies so I have zero clue from which one but that pic...that’s where’d I’d like to be...minus...the 2 ugly d00ds. But I’ll take that Kevin hat.

·
Registered
289 Posts
@HaOsLsE Be careful under there. That’s scary! I was at my local HF yesterday. I saw around 8 big floor jacks. Like 6 tons, all the same in various conditions. From newish to beat up rusty. Looked like they were part of a recall. The labels were removed.

·
Registered
858 Posts
@pfun41 Cool pic with the Jeep pickup. I’m not into movies so I have zero clue from which one but that pic...that’s where’d I’d like to be...minus...the 2 ugly d00ds. But I’ll take that Kevin hat.
The movie is Tremors... classic!

I had a J10 back in the early 90s that someone had swapped a 327 Chevy into. Not the greatest truck, but built like a tank.

·
Registered
41 Posts
@HaOsLsE Be careful under there. That’s scary! I was at my local HF yesterday. I saw around 8 big floor jacks. Like 6 tons, all the same in various conditions. From newish to beat up rusty. Looked like they were part of a recall. The labels were removed.
Dang, well I haven't put them back under. Took them out the other day, just haven't boxed them up and got back to HF. Maybe I won't get the 6 tons either now that you said you saw them too. I may just go get a better set all together and just use the money/card for something else I need/want from HF. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
289 Posts
@Rodan Thxs! @HaOsLsE They were floor jacks not stands that I saw. Basically it’s buyer beware with HF and jack or floor stands. Not all are affected by the recall....in fairness to HF.

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
I actually had to buy premium nitrile gloves because HF has been out of stock. $17 a box for the orange. $12 a box for the 5 mill blue.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Don't tell me that. Hubby just bought a floor jack there 😠

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
169 Posts
Ugh... another victim of Harbor Freight jack stands.

I was cleaning the garage in prep for pulling my transfer case. I need to change the speedo drive gear and figure I should probably replace the other seals while I'm in there since I have them and it leaks. I got distracted by my jack stands and figured I'd check the engagement even though I've checked and they aren't the recalled ones. Well I managed to drop the extension part of on of my 6 ton jack stands on my finger, and now I'm not cleaning the garage anymore. I can't even hardly type. D: The good news is after hours of pain I think my finger has swollen up enough to basically short out my nerves. It just feels numb now with undertones of aching pain, much better...

101 - 120 of 129 Posts