Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I use the Medium 7 mil and have been lucky enough they had a box or two (but nothing else) the last few times I went. When this all started one of my main concerns was having enough gloves. My skin can't handle being drenched in, grease, oil, and chemicals every day.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Don't tell me that. Hubby just bought a floor jack there 😠
I'm on my second 3 ton and never had an issue. The first still works but it got to the point where it had to be filled and bled regularly because it would stop working, guess it developed an internal or external leak at some point. First was the regular Pittsburgh, this one is the low profile version.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,417 Posts

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #126

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Ugh... another victim of Harbor Freight jack stands.

I was cleaning the garage in prep for pulling my transfer case. I need to change the speedo drive gear and figure I should probably replace the other seals while I'm in there since I have them and it leaks. I got distracted by my jack stands and figured I'd check the engagement even though I've checked and they aren't the recalled ones. Well I managed to drop the extension part of on of my 6 ton jack stands on my finger, and now I'm not cleaning the garage anymore. I can't even hardly type. D: The good news is after hours of pain I think my finger has swollen up enough to basically short out my nerves. It just feels numb now with undertones of aching pain, much better...
Holy cow 😮

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
I use the Medium 7 mil and have been lucky enough they had a box or two (but nothing else) the last few times I went. When this all started one of my main concerns was having enough gloves. My skin can't handle being drenched in, grease, oil, and chemicals every day.
Same here went to english paint and supply to find the above nitrile gloves. Went to independent location of theirs before hand that only had chemical resistant gloves. $25 for a box of 50 quite high in price but I was desperate not knowing who else had any in stock. Oh well I have some.gloves that hold up to brake clean and gas now among other chemicals. The corporate locations have much better pricing on the gloves.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts