Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys here bought one of the 8000 lb, Harbor Frieght electric winches? Have you had good luck with it? Is it a good deal or not?

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
Bamataco1 said:
Have any of you guys here bought one of the 8000 lb, Harbor Frieght electric winches? Have you had good luck with it? Is it a good deal or not?
it's exactly the same as the milemarker (i.e. same specs same manufactuer)... read the article in this months peterson's 4 wheel offroad mag

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
bigbroncojeff said:
it's exactly the same as the milemarker (i.e. same specs same manufactuer)... read the article in this months peterson's 4 wheel offroad mag
I didnt know that, what's the difference in price

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
ToddACimer said:
I didnt know that, what's the difference in price
Quite a bit, enough to buy from HF! :toothless

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,563 Posts
if you buy it whatever you do get their extended warranty, harbor freights warrenty is the bomb, no matter what happens, breaks, busts, run over it, smash it with a hammer, nuclear bomb, whatever, they replace it

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
i think i found the winch for the future trailer!

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Give me about 4-5 months and I'll buy one, and test it with the "winch your truck off the ground" test. I don't have the coin to buy a Warn.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
i did some searching and came up with just about nothing. i have the factory bumper with a grill guard mounted up. i would like to get a winch, would it be better to make my own mount? if so any ideas on how ot do it? or should i buy one and does anyone know where is the cheapest to get one?

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
derrick36 said:
Or you could take Bigbroncojeff's approach:thumbup
shadow's is a lot prettier... but mines the same minus the bumper and flipped pside down... oh and i use a receiver hitch too

at a scrap yard a piece of c channel like this would go for about 5-6 dollars... add some grade 8 hardware and you're good to go

·
broncofied
1,475 Posts
I read that article myself today i thought it was cool that it's the same as mile marker. Shoot i don't need the sticker on it for the price difference, and with a heavy bronco i'd just go for it and get the 10,000lb winch thats my take on it.:thumbup

1 - 20 of 66 Posts