Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey got a quick one for you guys. This morning the bronco would just keep spinning and would start. I held my foot down on the gas and it started. I didnt trouble shoot anything yet cause i am dropping the new motor in it tomorrow just wondering what could cause that?

Thanks
ken

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Check for codes..weak compression..Theres a hundred diffrent things that COULD cause it..

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not throwing any codes. i laready checked

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gacknar said:
You ran the test?

yes and it gave me the 111 system pass

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its almost like an old carburated motor thats not getting enough fuel.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
If you put the pedal to the floor, the EEC goes into "Clear-flood mode," which is almost exactly what happens in a carbureted setup when you flood it and do the same to clear the cylinders of excess fuel. The injectors are cut off; their pulse widths go to zero.

Therefore, if you were sitting there, cranking away for a while and then put your foot to the floor, and then it started, you more than likely had a flooded engine. You should NEVER have to touch the gas pedal to start a fuel injected engine. Anyone remember when Ford coined "touchless starting?"

Check your TPS and ECT, make sure they're playing nice.

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SigEpBlue said:
If you put the pedal to the floor, the EEC goes into "Clear-flood mode," which is almost exactly what happens in a carbureted setup when you flood it and do the same to clear the cylinders of excess fuel. The injectors are cut off; their pulse widths go to zero.

Therefore, if you were sitting there, cranking away for a while and then put your foot to the floor, and then it started, you more than likely had a flooded engine. You should NEVER have to touch the gas pedal to start a fuel injected engine. Anyone remember when Ford coined "touchless starting?"

Check your TPS and ECT, make sure they're playing nice.
well i am putting a new engine in tommorow so all that shit is going to be replaced. thanks for the information i do not floor it to start it i just lightly tap the gas and it starts. it on.y does it if i dont let the fuel pump prime.

Ken

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
checked codes again when i got to work adn got a 116 coolant temp sensor high voltage. that is all

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
well i am putting a new engine in tommorow so all that shit is going to be replaced. thanks for the information i do not floor it to start it i just lightly tap the gas and it starts. it on.y does it if i dont let the fuel pump prime.

Ken
I thought you were getting a long block. If that's the case, you will be using all the sensors you have now. Unless of course you plan on spending another grand. I take it your back is better...good.

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
waltman said:
I thought you were getting a long block. If that's the case, you will be using all the sensors you have now. Unless of course you plan on spending another grand. I take it your back is better...good.

i do have a long block. my back is feeling good enough to put the engine in. and i am going to test all the sensors and see what i need to get.

ken

1 - 12 of 12 Posts