Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I search!

Is anyone running some type of latch thing for the hard top? I would rather not have to mess with all the screws and don't know where they are either.

Anyone see a problem running something like this?

or

It seems like a good solution for removing the hard top in the summer when needed. I live in MN so a year round soft top is not an option :(

Tim

·
Registered
748 Posts
I know of and have heard of people using those clamps that are largely used to hold down the aftermarket caps on pickups, which those are fairly simple. And I know of one member in MN who is running a soft top year round...and I don't think he's had all that many problems.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The screws to take off the hard top are located beneath the plastic trim. I.E., first remove the trim then you will see the screws for removing the top.

As far as using a soft top in Mn, the only thing you wouldn't want to do is roll up the sides and/or back or remove it when the temperature is colder than *75 degrees.

*As suggested by STC (Specialty Top Co.) http://www.kaylinetops.com/

I have removed my top and rolled up the sides and back when the temp. was in the mid 60's.

The problem is the plastic windows get brittle and could crack with the colder temps. if you are rolling them up and down.....especially if temp. is freezing.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
you can use 'C' clamps around the bed and screw into the roof too :shrug

c clamps come loose after a while though :confused:

·
Registered
463 Posts
i would be interested in this too. as TCRIMSONK knows, marylands climate likes to jump around alot. which makes it hard to take the top off cuz i only take it off when i can leave it off for like the whole week. but with this, i would take it off for a few hours.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
davids78bronco said:
How would you get around the rear quarter panels tho?

squeeze them in behind the plastic ... I did on mine for a while ... worked fine Bro

good temp type of deal .. done for this run :shrug

·
Registered
129 Posts
The clamp deal looks like a great idea. How many and where do you think these things would attach?

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
i dont see how wing nuts on the end of a bolt are going to work. you'll never get it tight enough. unless you then use pliers after hand tight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts