Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to put together a shopping list for hardware so I only have to go once. What are some sizes and lenghts that you have found to work well and what didn't work?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Trying to put together a shopping list for hardware so I only have to go once. What are some sizes and lenghts that you have found to work well and what didn't work?
For bolting stuff on (shock towers, coil towers, RA frame brackets, custom tranny crossmember, bolts in place of crossmember rivets, etc), A bag of (50) 1/2" x 1.5" grade 5 bolts is what I bought, along with washers and nylocs. Not everyone is a fan of nylocs, but what I like is that none of them ever came loose after rechecking all the bolts at 1000 miles and then about 6 months after. This handled about 75% of my hardware need as I recall, went right down to fastenal to get them.

Whats' the plan for trackbar? those are likely the biggest hardware you'll need. you also need some 3/8ths and or 7/16ths as I recall for the lower 78-79 coil retainers. And you'll need 9/16ths ?? grade 8 bolts for the C's for the axle (guessing here since I think that is what came with my Cage arms).

·
Registered
339 Posts
I used tons of 1/2" x 1 1/4" and 3" grade 8s for my swap. The 1 1/4 are long enough to go through 1/4" steel and the frame, with room for nuts and washers. I'm sure grade 5s would be plenty strong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts