Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After replacing just about all the seals in my motor, I found that my harmonic balancer has a groove in it where the seal is. My motor is still leaking there after replacing the seal....Only thing I can think of is the groove in the balancer isn't allowing the seal to seat right.

My question is, is there a difference in the balancers on a 82 302 non EFI and my 91 302 with EFI? If they are the same I can just swap it out with the one off the motor on the stand...if not, I gotta get going down to the boneyard and see if I can find another....Any thoughts? Anyone?

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
82 and earlier balancers are 28oz imbalance, after that they switched to 50oz. Look for a P/N on the 82, if its E3 it should be 50oz. your basically right at the X over year.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like the part # for the 82 is 594-019 and the 91's part # is 594-024....Those are Salvo's part #'s....They actually have the one for the 91 in stock so I guess I'm going to waste another $60. Damn, it's always something :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.