Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

Where is a good source to buy a new stock harmonic balancer for a 94 Bronco 5.0?

Auto Zone?
Advance?
NAPA?
Pep Boys?

If any of the above is a good source, does anyone have a correct part #, this way so I won't have to lose valuable minutes of my life with the parts counter chimpanzee? :rofl:

or if aftermarket (meaning non-stock or semi-performance) - what vendor?

I know I need a 50 oz. balancer, just not sure which place to purchase the unit from - I'm looking for quality and for it to last a while... :toothless

Thanks!

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just bought one from autozone It seemed fine and installed nicely I think it was around 80-90 $. There is'nt much to them it's just a shaft with a keyway and a thin rubber piece between a doghnut with a weight on one side. The aftermarket performance ones where 2 to 3 times the cost. They had it in stock also.I believe they had a semi upgrade for 130 or so but I don't know that it would do that much better. My Impact wrench makes getting the bolt off real easy.

·
Registered
490 Posts
i got an 85. i got mine from autozone. i wouldnt get it from the junkyard. i dumped a new block in my truck and reused the old harmonic balancer. it just recently let loose at about 8000k miles. so i had a total of 173k miles on it before it went. in the process of it going it wiped out the timing cover. i had a 1/2 gash in the timing cover and was leaking oil like a sive for about a month. since i had to fix it i decided to convert my truck from vbelt to serpentine. i dont regret doing that at all. :thumbup ill post a picture for you shortly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts