Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved to Roosevelt Utah and I am waiting to get my '79 Bronco trailered down here. While I'm waiting I am trying to figure out exactly what I want to do to it. It's still bone stock so my options are wide open.

One of the ideas I've had is to 4 link it front and rear. Is this hard to do? I figure I can lift it and 4 link it at the same time. Has anyone done this before?

Scootter

·
Registered
22 Posts
4 link

i don't understand why you would want to 4 link your bronco if you're just gonna use it for a mudder. however, if you pursue the 4 link setup get a copy of the peterson's 4wheel and offroad chassis and suspension handbook. It will show you how to properly setup a 4 link on your bronco. Additionally i would recommend a triangulated four link in the rear for lateral stability. 79 bronco 4 link front and rear with long travel coilovers=BAD ASS!:rockon

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
powerboater said:
i don't understand why you would want to 4 link your bronco if you're just gonna use it for a mudder. however, if you pursue the 4 link setup get a copy of the peterson's 4wheel and offroad chassis and suspension handbook. It will show you how to properly setup a 4 link on your bronco. Additionally i would recommend a triangulated four link in the rear for lateral stability. 79 bronco 4 link front and rear with long travel coilovers=BAD ASS!:rockon
who said he was using it for mud?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
This is why:
Bronco info: 1979 Still stock, but I'm turning it into a mudder.
If that's true, then doing 4-links at both ends isn't truly necessary. You certainly can, if you want too, but it overcomplicates the suspension for the truck's purpose. The more moving parts there are, the more there is to go wrong

·
3 wheeler
1,693 Posts
I think that you'd be ahead of the game if you just put on some extended radius arms with some heims or some johnny joints on the ends. It'd only be a three link but I think that you would get some pretty good flex out of that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well power boater I think
79 bronco 4 link front and rear with long travel coilovers=BAD ASS!
about covers the why of it all, LOL.

I only live a couple hours from Moab and there are tons of high desert trails within spitting distance of our home. So it'll be an all purpose Bronco. Another reason I want to 4 link it is to say I did it. I want to do all the mods to my Bronco myself so it will take a while. I'm hoping it's cool when I'm done. I've got alot of reading and alot of tools to buy before it over though.

Scootter

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Scootter said:
Well power boater I think about covers the why of it all, LOL.

I only live a couple hours from Moab and there are tons of high desert trails within spitting distance of our home. So it'll be an all purpose Bronco. Another reason I want to 4 link it is to say I did it. I want to do all the mods to my Bronco myself so it will take a while. I'm hoping it's cool when I'm done. I've got alot of reading and alot of tools to buy before it over though.

Scootter
Installing a 4 link I'd say isn't hard... Installing a 4 link that will WORK and won't BREAK, on the other hand, I'd say is no easy endeavor in a FSB. Otherwise, more people would have done it already ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts