Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm extremely interested in doing this conversion. Not too much on corral and didn't see anything on here.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,725 Posts
Ive seen 300-6 engines converted to EDIS with factory parts.

Late model explorer 5.0s were EDIS as well. I have the distributor plug/cam sensor and the crank sensor and 36-1 reluctor ring off of one.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive seen 300-6 engines converted to EDIS with factory parts.

Late model explorer 5.0s were EDIS as well. I have the distributor plug/cam sensor and the crank sensor and 36-1 reluctor ring off of one.
Is it off a 96? See the thread below. Post 3, option 2. He states it has to be 96 since I have a 96. I'm going to explore it further. I talked to Holley and they said I would have to run an aftermarket fuel systems.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,725 Posts
Its out of some random 2000+ ranger that had a 5.0 swapped in. The 36-1 (36 minus 1) wheel was pressed on the balancer and the sensor for it was bolted to a provision on the timing cover. The cam sensor looks like a distributor, but is only the lower half basically.

Ive read of the guys at FordSix doing the EDIS6 but never researched it myself.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its out of some random 2000+ ranger that had a 5.0 swapped in. The 36-1 (36 minus 1) wheel was pressed on the balancer and the sensor for it was bolted to a provision on the timing cover. The cam sensor looks like a distributor, but is only the lower half basically.

Ive read of the guys at FordSix doing the EDIS6 but never researched it myself.
Damn. I'm about to admit defeat and just buy a msd distributor.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,725 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
1,048 Posts
Just do a solid tune up.. On these old motors I cant see any benefits.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You're not going to see much benefit unless you're boosting or running very high rpms. It does look cleaner IMO though, especially with coil near plug using LS coils. There are some on the mustang forums that have used the explorer parts with edis and LS coils. It can be done using the mustang a9l/a9s maf ecus, I've seen some wiring diagrams.

Not sure how it would work with a truck Ecu and from what I found on it, you would need a tuner to adjust timing because EDIS will default to 10 degrees BTDC base timing.

Reactions: Desert Bronco
1 - 8 of 8 Posts