Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Only the Bronco
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone offer them money for one of thier vehicles?

I had someone come to my door tonight and offer me $5600 for the Bronco, I told him that I wasn't interested in selling it, I have way too much time and money in that bronco to let it go...... if.... I ever decided to, it would be worth at least $10,000 minimum

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,651 Posts
I was at a ford dealer buying....something......for my truck.
When i was walking out, a guy (who was looking at a couple trucks in the lot when i came in,) stopped the salesman so he could ask me if i would sell him my truck. Id bet the salesman's heart skipped a beat when he said that!

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
I had a guy stop me at a gas station once wanting to by my motorcycle. He had the cash in hand, and even offered me a ride home. It seemed too shady to me though, so I passed. The week I bought my last bronco, I took a female friend of mine car shopping, and the dealer didn't want to talk about the car she wanted, he wanted to talk about buying my bronco. It was so funny. I tried to explain that I had just bought it, but he wanted it for himself.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,873 Posts
happens to me once a month. Except it's always some high school kid or freshman in college impressed with the speed and stereo. I've never been offered more than $1500 :cry
Same boat as you, wouldn't let her go for less than 10-15K

·
College User
2,018 Posts
In all reality you will not ever see the money you put into it, so plan on keeping it. A 80-86 Bronco at auction is 500-800$.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The day after I bought my bronco someone offered to buy it. Also had some guy come upto me around a month ago and offer some cash for it. I just wish someone would offer cash for the bronco II.

·
Registered
687 Posts
man dsickles, I woulda taken that offer, with that much you coulda bought a new bko and got a lift and tires.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I used to have people ask about buying "the Beast" a good bit, but now they just admire...I guess it's got that "I got to much money invested in me to be sold" look...:shrug But thats ok..because it's true, just like you guys said..:beer

However, the Impala is a whole other story. Everytime, and I mean EVERY time I drive it, someone wants to buy it. All these older guys come up with these look in their eyes that says "I lost my virginity in a car just like that" (I was actualy told that by some old drunk farmer out cruising the back roads who pulled in the drive cause I was out in the yard lifting my Bronc) They all just come up, walk around it, runnin' there hands down the body lines while they talk to me over thier shoulder. I'll make a lil cash off that one some day!!!:thumbup

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,917 Posts
I use to have people stop me all the time with the '65 and ask me things like "that your dad's truck?" "ask your daddy if he wants to sell that truck." To which I'd reply, its MY truck and its NOT for sale.

I had a guy once pace me on the highway and got my attention and kept pointing to the Bronco, thought maybe something was wrong, but then I understood he was wanting to buy it. Then had a guy at the lake ask me if it was for sale and he was lookin' for one as clean as mine.

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
I've had many people offer to buy it from me, but they don't make me an offer. I just tell them it's not for sale.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Happens almost everytime I take it out :thumbup
I love it when they say "just had her painted huh" and I say.. "Nope" original paint except for one door and front fender from carnage. Then they proceed to look a little closer and start asking questions :toothless

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
I had a white/silver 91 Ranger 4x4 4.0 w/ 4" lift and 32's. My mom borrowed it once to go get us something to eat. She got home and said some guy followed her to the resturant and wanted to know if it was for sale. She told him I loved the truck and wouldn't part with............that is until I found a 91 FSB 4" lift w/ 33's, winch bumper and winch that I traded for. :thumbup :thumbup Which I only enjoyed for two days until a guy slide 279 feet in his F350 flatbed and shoved the tailgate up in the rear seat totalling it:cry :cry :cry :cry

·
Registered
918 Posts
When my truck was in running condition(its going through a top secret transformation at the moment),I had some rich rich rich rich guy leave a not on my truck that said "I HAVE CASH AND WANT TO BUY YOUR BRONCO!!!"So I call him up and he asked if the truck was for sale and of course my answer was the same has everyone elses.Too much blood,sweat,tears and money.He said how much is all the work you put in it worth.I told him 14K as a BS answer.He offered me 12,700.NOW AM I DOOMASS FOR NOT TAKING THAT AND BUYING ANOTHER 1978 and 1979 and a 93?:banghead :banghead ....:twak :twak .

·
Registered
918 Posts
I forgot to mention...If i did sell it,i would have to see the truck every day because he lives around me and probably would claim he did the work himself

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
RaisedIIPerfection said:
When my truck was in running condition(its going through a top secret transformation at the moment),I had some rich rich rich rich guy leave a not on my truck that said "I HAVE CASH AND WANT TO BUY YOUR BRONCO!!!"So I call him up and he asked if the truck was for sale and of course my answer was the same has everyone elses.Too much blood,sweat,tears and money.He said how much is all the work you put in it worth.I told him 14K as a BS answer.He offered me 12,700.NOW AM I DOOMASS FOR NOT TAKING THAT AND BUYING ANOTHER 1978 and 1979 and a 93?:banghead :banghead ....:twak :twak .
:twak :twak Should have took it brought you another one. Done the same thing then sell it to him, buy another, rebuild it, sell to him again and again and again.......see the pattern?:histerica :histerica

1 - 20 of 21 Posts