Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
FSB MOM
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we have been talking about Mels beautiful scar, I want to know if anyone has ever had to have reconstructive surgery on a bad scar. The reason why I am asking is I am thinking of having a scar fixed that looks terrible and is sometimes painful. I wanted to know if it was worth it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,340 Posts
I had my hand reconstructed if that counts lol. to mee it was worth it. I can use my hand at about 95% now. even have a steel rod for a thumb from nail to the knuckle behind the nail.


moral of the story, dont get your hand stuck in a insert press.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,340 Posts
nope. sorry I was busy holding my fingers and thumb in the left hand at the moment and the right...well it wasnt doing anything. said it got hurt and was jsut being a lazy wimp. ;) something about missing digits :toothless :beer


tell ya what though, when you cant feel your hand you get to know yourself very well :hump lmfao


j/k


:uhoh3
 

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Joined
·
36,625 Posts
Got a peg-leg. Does that count? :shrug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,167 Posts
stangmata50l said:
It's easier to just sit on your hand until it falls asleep :brownbag
Thats the best way, then it feels like your getting a hand job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
had my jaw rebuilt. it was shattered by a bullet. i have face hair to cover the scar and bullet hole. you get used to scars and i dont think they are worth the risk to remove. you get used to pain too as for me i take 160mg of oxycontin each day to get along but the pain is still there
 

·
No avatar required
Joined
·
10,959 Posts
soaker2000 said:
had my jaw rebuilt. it was shattered by a bullet. i have face hair to cover the scar and bullet hole. you get used to scars and i dont think they are worth the risk to remove. you get used to pain too as for me i take 160mg of oxycontin each day to get along but the pain is still there
I agree, I have scars going from my below my wrists to the middle of my palm, and other on the top of my hand where I had a tumor removed. Unless you're self concious about it, don't worry about. Just think of the recovery pain from the recon.

Soaker, dare I ask how you ended up with a bullet to the face?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
"then it feels like your getting a hand job."
ya think?

"i take 160mg of oxycontin...but the pain is still there"
you are a fawkin stud my man a regular hero. :thumbup

for men you gotta have a DAMN good reason to even consider getting a scar takin off. A good scar is the ultimate "been there done that" Souvenir and you cant erase history so why throw away your only physical reminder of the good times? But for a Female then I could totally see wanting it removed. So I say drive on in either direction its all good
 

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Joined
·
36,625 Posts
This reminds me of a quick story... true.

Few years back I was sitting in a local bar starting to get hammered.
I sat down next to this guy whos arm was totally burned.
After a few minutes he started pissin and moaning about his injury and how it ruined his life, blah blah blah.
Well... I listened to this guy go on and on for about 15 minutes, just nodding my head and letting him dig his own hole.

Finally... I reached down, popped off my leg and set it on the bar in front of him.
I looked him in the eyes while he was still chocking on his last drink and asked him how bad he really had it.
He didn't answer and I put my leg back on and walked away.

What's my point?
No matter what's happened to you... how badly you may be scared or damaged, it's truly up to you how bad it really is.
If you think surgury will make you feel better about yourself... then go for it.
But the bottom line is... surgury or not, your attitude is what makes the difference.

BTW Soaker... U :rockon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,030 Posts
4xPepe` said:
This reminds me of a quick story... true.

Few years back I was sitting in a local bar starting to get hammered.
I sat down next to this guy whos arm was totally burned.
After a few minutes he started pissin and moaning about his injury and how it ruined his life, blah blah blah.
Well... I listened to this guy go on and on for about 15 minutes, just nodding my head and letting him dig his own hole.

Finally... I reached down, popped off my leg and set it on the bar in front of him.
I looked him in the eyes while he was still chocking on his last drink and asked him how bad he really had it.
He didn't answer and I put my leg back on and walked away.

What's my point?
No matter what's happened to you... how badly you may be scared or damaged, it's truly up to you how bad it really is.
If you think surgury will make you feel better about yourself... then go for it.
But the bottom line is... surgury or not, your attitude is what makes the difference.

BTW Soaker... U :rockon
Well said Pepe
 

·
No avatar required
Joined
·
10,959 Posts
So Pepe, what would you have done if he took your leag and ran? Sorry, that's all I could think about after I read:

" I reached down, popped off my leg and set it on the bar in front of him."
:shocked
 

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Joined
·
36,625 Posts
Funny you should ask... I can actually HOP faster than I could ever run.
I'd have tackled his ass, taken my leg back and beat the crap out of him with it.
 

·
hates EVERYTHING!
Joined
·
11,456 Posts
Pepe` is right...I used to work with a guy who was disfigured BAD by fire as a child (face, arms and thats just the visible parts...90% of his body oir something like that. happened in a home fire, I think he even lost his parents). Anyway super cool dude never acted any different than your average Joe. Actualy was prolly even more down to earth than most. He had a great personality and a hell of a hot chick for a wife...so Pepe` is right...it's all attitude! :thumbup
 

·
No avatar required
Joined
·
10,959 Posts
4xPepe` said:
Funny you should ask... I can actually HOP faster than I could ever run.
I'd have tackled his ass, taken my leg back and beat the crap out of him with it.
That's what I was expecting to read. :thumbup
 

·
user title
Joined
·
2,211 Posts
I thought about having reconstructive [enhancement] surgery on my....nevermind

:brownbag
Bill
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top