Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
what type, what is wrong with it? IIRC there was a writeup on the 8274 warn on pirate. Depending on which kind it is they really aren't that bad.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
all it is is an electric motor and a set of gears or a planetary.
what kind?
whats broken? if the motors bad, just remove it and take it to a GOOD starter shop and have them rebuild it. if it doesn t want to free spool, jsut keep taking parts off till you find somehting froze up or broke.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ita a ramsey rep8000...i bought it used at a pretty cheap cost, the person i bought it from says they never used it, it was on jeep when they bought, and states the previous owner said it works fine. ok long story short, i have not tested it yet, looks ok condition, i am just wondering what the worst case may be. i plan on mounting to a receiver type mount, and in future mount in rear bumper. i know its a little on light side for a bronco, but for the price i could not pass up. i did a web search, and it does not look to bad, some rings and bushings possibly. if you have a suggestion on testing or rebuild please send it. thanks!!

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
post some shots of what you think is bad......talk to ramsey and get a parts blowup from them it will give you lots of info

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I've only been into a Milemarker, but I compared its exploded drawings to Warn and Ramsey and they all look the same. There isn't much to a winch, just take your time and don't force anything. The only thing even remotely difficult was reseating the drive rod into the motor. It just took a little extra fiddling to get it lined up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts