Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a supposed haunted park on the northern outskirts of Omaha, NE.

go to http://www.ghosts.org/hummelpark.html

It's heavily wooded. I've been there in the day time a few times though. A friend encouraged me to go at night one time last summer and I agreed and was all pumped up about going there and getting out of the truck and checking it out and hanging out there. Once I got there I felt different. Due to the nature of this park I drove through it really quick and was extremely scared to even set foot out of my truck. I even locked my doors while driving through the park. I wasn't there long enough to encounter anything wierd. So I just wondered how many of you guys are interested in paranormal stuff like this or have even encountered paranormal stuff. Check out this sight above for brief story about this place.

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
there use to be an old abanded house off of elbow rd where I live, and it was know as a hanted house by everyone around here, the cops even posted signs for no tresspassing ever where aroun. Well one night me and like 7 or 8 of my friends ( I use to stuff like 15 people into my explorer) decided to go into the house. We all had some kinda weapon, from cruthces to pvc tubbing. Anyway I park right across the street and we all get out and go to the house, we go to the front door and it all boared up. So we go around to the side of the house and craw thru the window. Well lets just say we never made it to the window, someone said they saw something and we all start running like hell. My friend run down the gravel driveway and I run across the yard. Next thing I see is all of my friends fall down because the tripped on the cable that is blocking the driveway, but they were not down for more than half a sec. Any way they leave me behind and head to my truck and were all freaking out. Needless to say that was deffenlty and night we never forgot.

·
Banned
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Broncomx said:
there use to be an old abanded house off of elbow rd where I live, and it was know as a hanted house by everyone around here, the cops even posted signs for no tresspassing ever where aroun. Well one night me and like 7 or 8 of my friends ( I use to stuff like 15 people into my explorer) decided to go into the house. We all had some kinda weapon, from cruthces to pvc tubbing. Anyway I park right across the street and we all get out and go to the house, we go to the front door and it all boared up. So we go around to the side of the house and craw thru the window. Well lets just say we never made it to the window, someone said they saw something and we all start running like hell. My friend run down the gravel driveway and I run across the yard. Next thing I see is all of my friends fall down because the tripped on the cable that is blocking the driveway, but they were not down for more than half a sec. Any way they leave me behind and head to my truck and were all freaking out. Needless to say that was deffenlty and night we never forgot.
Can you describe or explain what you saw?

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
no not really. my friend was at the window and said he saw something move or shut and that was more than enough for me

·
Banned
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if you read that page on the sight I posted, but North Omaha is the rougher part of Omaha if you know what I mean. There is a long history of murders and violent crime in this heavily wooded park. I heard albinos hang out in the park at night and hate normal people( I've never seen one there though). I'm mainly afraid of being f-ucked with by a living human than something else. This park has no lights and if someone was ten feet from you at night you wouldn't know they were there. The only way I'd get out of the truck at night is if I had a gun and nothing less. I found interest in this whole thing out of boredom. I've never encountered anything in the park yet and told my friend it's probably an urban myth. He disagrees. If you read the sight it says something hit their car. My friend was there with some people he knew a few years ago and encountered this and found damage on the car. I don't always believe everything I hear though. The roads in this park are about 1 1/4 of a lane wide. If you have a truck your constantly rubbing branches without seeing what's in them(only in the summer when there's leaves). Now you can understand why I had my doors locked. If you have time check out the sight I posted.

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
elbow rd is the same way but it is two lanes but are super narrow. there are no lights at all and it is surronded by woods ditches and a swamp. also it as the worst curve ever. It is actually one of the most dangrous roads in Va.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,912 Posts
Stories like that intrigue me. I always like watching Most Haunted Places on the Travel channel. And hope when I go on "teh Mels Tour" I can make a stop at the Winchester Mystery House. I've never had an experience of any kind myself - other than being able to smell my Grandmother and feeling like she's with me. Its kinda funny I'm so interested in ghosts and paranormal stuff, because I HATE being scared or startled.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I don't believe in this stuff...but I do have some good stories :D.

:beer
Bill

·
Banned
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know if I believe in this stuff yet because I've never encountered it.I'm mainly afraid of goinig in at night becuse of who I might run into rather than what I might run into. Lets just say it's so wooded that if you go in at night you can do anything illegal that you could think of in there and get away with it guaranteed. Some parts of the park are a little more open than others because of picnic areas. This park is about 300 acres by the way. Behind the picnic area in the woods there are the morphing stairs that go down hill a little ways made out of rock pieced together. They say when you go up and count how many there are and count back down, you always count a different number. It's a hoax, the stairs are so old and busted up that sometimes you'll only see 1/4 of a stair left so it's easy to lose count. I would like to encounter something unusual but am too scared to even drive up in there at night.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
funny how there is always an albino. in topeka, its a lady that drowned her kids & now walks the earth looking for them. there is an old house thats supposed to be haunted, never been there. the funny part is if it were a ghost, what would a gun or a club do for ya? or locking the doors? BOO!

·
Full to Empty 6.5 Seconds
2,579 Posts
Dustball said:
I dont think slimer counts as a ghost :wacko

I think my cousins old house is haunted because our grandpa died in the living room (cancer) and there were 3 times that somethin odd happend.
1: my grandma woke up one night and told us his ghost was standing at the foot of her bed.
2:my cousins says he saw something blow past him really fast while walking up the stairs.
3:I think its haunted for those 2 reasons and the doors bang against the walls even when the windows are closed and all the fan's are off. One night I slept in the room where his ghost was supposedly sighted and I couldnt sleep because every hair on my body was standing on end, I was freezing even when the heater was on and the windows were closed.

·
Banned
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
axaviere said:
funny how there is always an albino. in topeka, its a lady that drowned her kids & now walks the earth looking for them. there is an old house thats supposed to be haunted, never been there. the funny part is if it were a ghost, what would a gun or a club do for ya? or locking the doors? BOO!
The park is supposedly haunted which is not what I'm afraid of. This place is in the roughest part of Omaha where all the crime takes place. I'm not trying to sound racist but there aren't too many white people up around there. This park has a long dark history of rapings, murders, hangings, etc( probably why it's haunted). They say it's possibly the most haunted place in Nebraska. A gun would protect us from criminals, spooks, rapists, psychopaths,etc. A friend of mine said he was in a friends car leaving the park well after closing(11p.m. but there's no gates) and as they drove down the road an object flew out of the thick woods hit the side of the car and left a big dent. They claim they heard it hit but didn't see anything.
Tell me who in the right mind would sit in thick woods by a park entrance/exit
late at night and throw things at every car that passes by. I've heard this same thing has happened to several others also. A weapon would be essential. And by the I never really see a whole lot of people go there to begin with.

·
Banned
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
78Bronco4x4 said:
I dont think slimer counts as a ghost :wacko

I think my cousins old house is haunted because our grandpa died in the living room (cancer) and there were 3 times that somethin odd happend.
1: my grandma woke up one night and told us his ghost was standing at the foot of her bed.
2:my cousins says he saw something blow past him really fast while walking up the stairs.
3:I think its haunted for those 2 reasons and the doors bang against the walls even when the windows are closed and all the fan's are off. One night I slept in the room where his ghost was supposedly sighted and I couldnt sleep because every hair on my body was standing on end, I was freezing even when the heater was on and the windows were closed.
I heard that ghosts don't usually haunt unless when they died it wasn't their time to go or if they died a sudden violent death so therefore they still have unfinished business and can't rest in peace.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yes, that stuff fascinates me. I have had some very odd experiences, even on duty. My house has also given us some weird tales, but not in a while now.

·
Registered
893 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
And hope when I go on "teh Mels Tour" I can make a stop at the Winchester Mystery House.
that place is so wierd. i saw a docu on discovery about it. that b sweet to go there tho

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'd like to book a night on the Queen Mary in Long Beach.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts