Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Works for me.

One hell of a pilot! What the hell are they doing trying to land in that crosswind?
If I was one of those passengers I would be looking to punch somebody in the face!

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Works for me.

One hell of a pilot! What the hell are they doing trying to land in that crosswind?
If I was one of those passengers I would be looking to punch somebody in the face!
Thats what I was thinking, the wind was really blowing across that runway. IMO whoever was piloting that plane has got some good skills considerning he didn't loose it upon touching down the way he did. Good thing he/she aborted as well, because I don't think he could have landed in that. Must have been one wild ride in the cabin!

KC

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Looks pretty scary

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Uh, more then the pilots poor judgement... what ****tard air traffic controller that knew the windspeed/direction decided to land him on a runway with insane crosswinds?

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
That'll pucker up your butt hole

·
Try it now!!
9,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EDDH 011220Z 29028G48KT 9000 -SHRA FEW011 BKN014 07/05 Q0984 TEMPO 29035G55KT 4000 SHRA BKN008

Other sites are referencing this METAR as the current weather at the time. For the non aviators the wind was West North Westerly at 28 knots with gusts to 48 knots.

I've landed in 51 knot gusts at Philadelphia so the wind speed isnt a concern, its the crosswind. I dont know what runway they were landing on so I dont know the crosswind component. Either way, with that much crab angle, it seemed to be a bad decision.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
EDDH 011220Z 29028G48KT 9000 -SHRA FEW011 BKN014 07/05 Q0984 TEMPO 29035G55KT 4000 SHRA BKN008

Other sites are referencing this METAR as the current weather at the time. For the non aviators the wind was West North Westerly at 28 knots with gusts to 48 knots.

I've landed in 51 knot gusts at Philadelphia so the wind speed isnt a concern, its the crosswind. I dont know what runway they were landing on so I dont know the crosswind component. Either way, with that much crab angle, it seemed to be a bad decision.
Gee ya think? :histerica

You would think that with all that there fancy meteorlogical equipment they have at airports these days that some dumbass might have looked at which way the windsocks blowing! :doh0715:

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I saw that. Really amazing it turned well.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
They still have windsocks? Gee...:doh0715:
:histerica:histerica

:lolup Is that what they call a two point landing?

Glad you picked up on my sarcasm. :thumbup

Believe it or not, for work, I still have to fly in to a few airfields who have them. :shocked

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
OK leghumpers, here is your "hero" or "moron" First Officer...who was the pilot flying this approach.

You tell us Will.
I would think she saved everyone including the controllers ass on this one.
Don't you guys have to rely on getting wind speed and direction, approach angles and runway information from the Air Traffic Controllers?

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
Skillz to the pilot who saved that one.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts