Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not have a cabinet blaster so all of this was done with a regular one. Oh what fun. I'm not sure why I did the radius arms b/c I don't think I will be using them in the future--Oh well.

BTW--The compressor on the right is ok for a beginner that just wants to air up tires but for anything else it SUX!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Been there done that. Takes some time, doesn't it.

I now wear stocking cap, ear plugs, face shield with safety glasses, long sleeve jacket, and long wleders gloves.

And it still hurts!

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
man thats a sweet deal, i want to get me one soon. looks good. i have thought about getting an old shower insert and converting that to a big blast cabinet.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
not sure what he is using, but harbor freight has a 20 pound and a 40 pound on sale all the time, i think the 20 is $50 and the 40 is $70. not bad and think of the uses. you could prep your interior for bed liner... lotsa stuff.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,973 Posts
Msuforeman said:
I do not have a cabinet blaster so all of this was done with a regular one. Oh what fun. I'm not sure why I did the radius arms b/c I don't think I will be using them in the future--Oh well.

BTW--The compressor on the right is ok for a beginner that just wants to air up tires but for anything else it SUX!!!
Thats exactly what I want to do with my pile of stuff..I'm still trying to find someone local who will let me use their blaster. I really don't want to have to go out and buy one..

How long did it take to do that?

T

·
0 Posts
I had the blast pot, and try a couple other blasters.
The one I like the best is a siphon gun. They are cheap, like $15, replaceable tips.
You buy a bag of silica sand, or Menards has Black magic blasting media.
You drop the siphon hose in the bag and go.
The blasting pots you have to strain everything when you refill, and they are very sensative to moisture.

A project like that was probably 3 hours, depending on how well the compressor keeps up.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used a $80 one from Harbor freight. Between me and my dad we use it all the time and it has held up great considering it did come from Harbor Freight. It holds about 60lbs of sand. I went through about four 50lb bags of sand. It took me about 3 hours to do with stopping for numerous beer breaks.

Brian

·
Registered
99 Posts
AXAVIERE:
Did you ever make that blast cabinet? That sound sweet. you could put a pump
or somthing to reust the sand or even glass beeds. If you did I would like to see some pic and plans. I just jot done with some parts on mine and so far I gone through 200 lbs of snd and i still want to do some more. my drive line are next with the trany cross member. then who know what after that. :rebelflag :beer

·
I break chit
4,685 Posts
talk about resurrection.... for a cabinet i would build on that was bout 2.5-3' deep and maybe 4' wide so that you could fit some bigger things in it. and make the bottom taper down to a bucket to collect sand but also have maybe a screen there to filter out the big chit you blast off. maybe 3.5' tall slanted to the back so one could almost stand and look over the parts being blasted and open and close the slanted top to put parts in...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts