Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little late on this one. We've been back for about a week.
Katie and I decided to take a vacation over in Hawaii.

The 1st place we stayed was in Maui. The Maui Prince was the 1st hotel we stayed in. Thus far, it's probably the nicest hotel I've ever stepped foot in.

Here's some of the views we had.

Our hotel had pretty much everything we needed, so we didnt venture out too much. We just relaxed, and soaked up some sun.
Somehow, I managed to get sick the 1st night there. I spent all of the 3rd on the sh!tter.
Luckily Katie has a friend on the island, so they were able to do some site seeing, and she didnt have to be couped up in the room all day with me.

With the help of large quanties of Imodium AD, I was back on my feet for the 4th. I wasnt 100%, but I was well enough to finally marry Katie.

(no we didnt get married on our balcony)

We did a small ceremony on the beach. These were some of the before pics. The actual wedding photos were done professionally. The just came back. I'll post them as soon as I can.

Everything turned out great. It was exactly what we wanted.

This is want happens when you start drinking at 930 am, immediatly after your wedding.

The 5th was our last day. We just did some more lounging, and some quick site seeing before heading out.

I had to find at least 1.:thumbup

Next we moved onto The Big Island(Hawaii).
I forget the hotel's name that we stayed in, but it was all kinds of awesome as well.
I think most of the pics from the hotel are on Katie's camera. I'll get them up when she uploads them.

We ventured out a lot more while we were here.
The 1st thing we took up was a luau.

We also drove a couple hours to go see kilauea.

Lava tubes.

Some of the roads were closed off, and it woulda taken too long if we wanted to make the trip to see the flowing lava, so we decided to split it up between 2 days.

On our way back to the hotel, we made a few stops.

The first was a black sand beach.

(thats our rental jeep in the background:thumbup)

We also found(what I'm told is)a rare green sand beach. Again, katie has all the good shots of the actaul green sand, but I got some decent pics as well.

This is supposedly the southern most point in the United States.

We had some time on day 2, before we went to see the lava and we decided to head to the zoo.
The zoo itself wasnt anything special, but you dont see one of these guys every day.

Some more random pics.

Had to find one on both islands.:thumbup

We finally went to check out the lava. This is where the lava spills into the ocean.
None of our pics do it any justice. It was really cool to see though.

That's about it. Between the 2 of us, we have upwards of 500 pics. If I find any others that stick out, I'll post them.

Here's a link to SM, if anyone cares to look at anymore(pardon the doubles. I was having trouble uploading). I'll get katie's pics added in soon.
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/9212/65171

Enjoy.

Ok, maybe just one more.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
Congrats congrats congrats...love Hawaii...my wife has relatives over there and we try to visit every 2 or 3 years.

·
Fullsize Member
2,804 Posts
Congrats, looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
Awesome pics. I love to snorkel at Hawaii. I'd love to go back some day.

Congrats..!

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Nice job on the whole marriage thing. Should've gone with a titanium ring, though. It's so light it almost makes you forget you're married.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice job on the whole marriage thing. Should've gone with a titanium ring, though. It's so light it almost makes you forget you're married.

Yeah the ring is temporary(you can see in some of the pics, I'm not even wearing it).
This is actually the 1st of 2 weddings. This wedding was just for us. Our family, and our friends back home dont even know.
We are doing a 2nd one next year(same date)up in Oregon, and that'll be the big wedding with everyone.

I'm not gonna lie, this one was so we could make more money. My BAH(basic allowance for housing) goes up $300+ if we're married. In Utah it didnt matter because my BAH covered the rent in the place we were staying in. On top of that, the cost of living was WAAAAAAY less. Down here in New Orleans we have a lot more money going out, so every penny helps.

That ring was just a cheapy(under $30)from the mall that we picked up last minute. I'll upgrade for our big wedding.

G

·
Congrats!

Shoulda mentioned you were going. I would have directed you to the road to hana on maui. Its a sweet trail that the rental car place makes you sign a thing saying you wont drive on it.

Thats how i found it. :toothless

Its got a winery near the top of the mountain that you can score pineapple wine at.
Drive slowly and take turns at the wheel. The road to Hana is dangerous. With approximately 600 curve and 54 bridges, the Road to Hana can bring you closer to heaven in more ways than one. With winding roads, blind turns, constant traffic, distracting views, narrow one-lane roads, cliffs, and wet conditions, Hana Highway has proven its worth as a danger with many fatalities. Take your time, and make sure the driver is focusing on the road. The road is long and offers many chances to pull over and take a break or switch drivers. Remember: Getting to Hana is not the gem of this trip; everything along the way is your reward.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
MORE PICS OF THE WIFEY PLEASE KTHX!

lol awesome pictures man congrats

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats!

Shoulda mentioned you were going. I would have directed you to the road to hana on maui. Its a sweet trail that the rental car place makes you sign a thing saying you wont drive on it.

Its got a winery near the top of the mountain that you can score pineapple wine at.
Actually we were going to do that. The hotel gave us all the directions, and we had it all planned out, but me getting sick ruined that.
Katie and her friend went to a winery. I'm not sure where it was though.
It sounds like they had a good time.

MORE PICS OF THE WIFEY PLEASE KTHX!
Ask and you shall receive.

She's going to kill me.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Maui is great! Its the only island I've ever been to and it is incredible.

Isnt this La Haina(sp?)? I love walkin around downtown there at night. Hah, and I make sure we hit up the Bubba Gumps as well, thats my favorite place even though you can get it here.

CONGRATS man!

Yeah! I didnt know about the rental car thing... my dad just said were taking the road to Hana and its supposed to be crazy. We had a minivan too haha. My mom was absolutely freaking out, but it was a real good drive and there were some sweet spots to stop at with waterfalls and such.

Also, last time we went all the girls went off shopping so me, my dad, my brother, and my uncle just took off driving down some roads East and there was some great scenery and some lava rocks we did a little "off-roading".

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
those gotta be the whitest teeth i've ever wanted to come across.....

:goodfinge

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
She's not a pedophile. Give it a couple years, and maybe you'll have a shot:goodfinge:goodfinge
i'll be 21 in a few months so then i can get her drunk and she won't know the difference. :goodfinge:goodfinge:goodfinge:goodfinge:goodfinge:goodfinge

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Congrats Derrick! :beer

Funny that this thread came up....I was shredding some old tax documents last night and came across my hospital bill from when I was in Maui back in '92 (dislocated my shoulder at the end of week 1). Other than the injury, I had a blast and plan on going back one day.

Oh, and the hospital bill was $800 something plus $400 something to put the shoulder back in. Good thing for traveler's insurance. :thumbup

·
Registered
832 Posts
cool stuff. i need use my parents time share and go there before they find someone to buy it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts