Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for hydroboost brakes I could virtually bolt up with little trouble. Most of them Ive seen takes a lot of work to make fit. I wanted to see if anybody had used a lincoln setup. The 79's came with a couple different boosters and I got to thinking one of them might come close. Each one mounts a little different and there is even different pushrod lengths.

Anybody try one of these or have a junked out lincoln to try to fit it up?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Search! Someone on here has used the 70's lincoln setup.

The main issue with a hydroboost on a 78-79 is the fact that the stock brake booster does not mount directly to the fire wall. You will need some kind of adaptor.

The lincoln hydroboost may fit the stock brackets and may line up. You will just have to try and see. The only issue I see is that some 78-79's used a linkage and pivot in the stock engine compartment brackets.

The hydroboost from picture #2 has the correct banjo pedal end.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None of his threads ever finished talking much about the HB. The one he actually posted a pic in went on to talk about his sag on the 400. If he's finished maybe he'll post some pics up or something

the one he use like the top pic i posted?

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Nope not done yet. I moved to a new place with 4.5 acres. Big pole barn is my next project. May get to it in 2015:popc1:

I have done 2 late model stang HB's. One on a 70 bronco, another on a 84 small LTD.
Not sure if those would be large enough for an FSB, but it works fine on my 70 bronc, and they are no lightweights
for a "smaller" rig.

Not hard to mount any HB really. You either space out HB or cut booster rod, thread and shorten, lengthen to fit.
Same with hole in brake pedal. Weld fill it in if you need it moved and drill new hole.

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
I know this isnt in direct line with your thread, but even with having to buy or fab a bracket, this is an upgrade you dont want to skip because it's too annoying. I used a 2004 F-350 booster and it needed a bracket but worked just fine with my stock pedal.

I now no longer have brakes that wish me harm.

I had tried the 'F-350,' upgrade...found it to be a waste of time. Even went so far as to go with rear caddy disks. Ditto on those things. The hydro boost really brought everything together so it's safe to have on the road or trail.

I love it. It's, by far, the best thing I've done to the Bronco. And I've done a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts