Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I located a 460 Lincoln motor. I understand they are identical to the Ford truck motors except for accessory brackets and such. (if I'm wrong, let me know) It has D3VE heads. Are those heads better or worse than my E8TE heads from my '87? Also, if you run across a motor with D3VE heads and a D2VE block, would you assume the engine has been rebuilt before or that it was a year end factory build that used parts from both '72 and '73? I have no background on this engine but it is very clean with no signs of oil leakage. I have not torn it apart because I can purchase another enigne that I know will work but it;s a little oil soaked and a couple hundred dollars more. Help is appreciated.

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
give it more than 12 hours... dont know much about actual component parts but i'd say get the year on the motor and the factory specs and t-gauge the cyclinders and through a micromoter on the tgauge and see what your measurments come out to, youll be able to tell pretty easy if its been rebored

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,270 Posts
A Lincoln 460 will be fine the only real variant of the 385 series that wouldn't work for you would be the ones with a SAE bellhousing pattern heads wise Indy cylinder head could answer those questions for you.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You are in the wrong area to find info on a Lincoln big block. This is the 80-96 bronco area none of these came with one.

The heads are practically the same. Nothing special about either one. Use what ever is in better shape.

Info on the D2VE block, it could be from any year vehicle from 72 - 79. This came originally with a internally ballanced crank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts