Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Addition #3 to the new Oj mobile (yes I have a new white bronco), I want to remove the head liner out of the fiberglass portion of the top and permanently mount a Yakima rack to the top. Do you all know how to pull out the liner with out damaging it? Also have any of you installed racks in this fashion and do you have any tips for me?

Thanks again to all of you for your helpful information, you have made owning a new bronco very easy for me and I will do my part to pass on the information to other newbes!

BTW, I will be in Moab April 18 through 20 for the bronco main voyage, if any of you all will be there I could use some tips on how to drive the thing off road. I can not pretend to know allot about driving off road.

Jason

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Lots of people have done it. Just do a search for roof rack and you should come up with a lot of stuff.

Edit: basically you just drill and bolt through the top. Just make sure you spread the load of the screws/bolts with washers or better yet by having bars inside the top as well to balance the load. Oh, and use some kind of sealant so the bolt holes don't leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts