Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kinda long, ok i have lined up a donor bronco for my next project, but i have a few questions, from searching, i have found that i can place a 96 body on my 86 frame, i want the 96 interior and dash and this was the easyist way to pull this off, im gonna rip the 96 rear quarets and replace with a new set of 86(because i love the 80-86 body style) now on to my questions,

one, did any of the 92-96 bronc have the auto trans/manual t-case combo,

two, if so do i need the brain box form the manual t-case or can a simpe rewire work?

three, is it possible to remove the 96 harness and place her directly on my 5.0(i know about the maf and all i have the parts to switch over), but once the stuff was switched would it work?

four, the donor truck was a 5.8 i know the brain box in no good for my 5.0, but if i got a 5.0 brain box and pluged it in would it work?

five, on the trans because i have the old speedo trans, would the 5.8 trans bolt up and work or should i just exchange the linkage and electral from the donor to my 86 trans, or is that even possible?

thats all that i can think of now, if you think of any troubles i over looked let me know, and ill take lots of pics because i know you all like that sorta thing

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
broncos&bombs said:
i have no clue, but i cant wait to see pics, soooo lets get it rollin, chop chop. j/k. but seriously, pics.

o believe me ive gotten very pic happy since i got a new digi cam so ill be sure to show lots of pics

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Why don't you just buy Steve83's rust-free 96 Eddie Bauer shell ?

he's not asking the earth and even has it on a trailer ready to go !

Sixlitre

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this one has the dash wiring harness(motor and interior) trans basically everything except the motor for 200 more than steves truck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts