Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1996 bronco with a highflow cat and a glassback and it sounds good but i want a louder and lower sound and i heard headers can do that. which is the best header brand and what will i get from installin headers. aka. which brand will give me a louder and lower sound. i ahve 650 to spend but i only want to spend a tops of 350. the other i think i will get the jet performance chip. is that smart to get that chip is it good? or bad? thanks

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
search.

search.

oh, did i mention, search?

buy whatever headers you want, try searching here for what people think are the best ones... there's only like 375320350235 threads with people's opinions in them.

search for performance chips... or better yet, try looking at the last page or so of this or the gen tech help forum, and there's a topic about it.

search. i mean, i know people have told you quite a few times before to search, but you never do. i don't know why i'm even bothering to tell you to search, because you probably never will.

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
JBA THey are spendy though. When Installed headers It didnt make much sound differance though. If I were you Id get rid of the glass pack and put on a little bit better Muffler like a magniflow, flowmaster, dynamax and such. As I recall my Glasspacks on my old bronco were always a higher pitch.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Give a listen to the exhaust clip thread.

Oh yea, try searching. Lots of opinion to be found by a search.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
which would give a better low loud sound. magniflow or dynomax?
Brands arent important, it's the design of the muffler and header.

All headers with the same size primarys and collectors will sound the same.

What size exhaust do you curently have?
Single or dual?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got dual exhaust split at the end with i think 2.5 pipes and 3.5in tips with a glassback and highflow cat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts