Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me say that I try the search option first and saw conflicting answers.

It's a gt40p headed 302 4x4 autotrans will the mustang ford racing shorty headers fit? They are the M-9430-p50 header, I'm hearing that it'll dump onto the driveshaft. Others say they fit just fine with a custom y pipe.

·
Southeast Utah Native
944 Posts
Shorties should be the same as the stock manifolds. If they are not for your engine they may not fit properly.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,689 Posts
They'll fit the engine just fine, it's the exit angle that's the bitch. Mustang headers exit "outward," whereas truck headers are pretty much down and angled a little toward the rear. A custom Y-pipe isn't hard to make, really.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I run Long Tube Pacesetters and I love them...why not look into those instead?

·
my bko ate my money
3,878 Posts
They'll fit the engine just fine, it's the exit angle that's the bitch. Mustang headers exit "outward," whereas truck headers are pretty much down and angled a little toward the rear. A custom Y-pipe isn't hard to make, really.

im with sig

·
Registered
627 Posts
ok then...makes sense....lol....maybe I should have read a little better.... hukd on fonix werkd fur me

·
Registered
867 Posts
are you worried about the exits or the actual headers fitting the car, ive heard that some of the gt40 heads (x,p or one of em) have fitting issues with headers made for e7's, i dont remember which ones tho...

as far as exit, shorties shoulnt be too difficult to work with

how much for the pacesetter long tubes???

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,689 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
are you worried about the exits or the actual headers fitting the car, ive heard that some of the gt40 heads (x,p or one of em) have fitting issues with headers made for e7's, i dont remember which ones tho...

as far as exit, shorties shoulnt be too difficult to work with

how much for the pacesetter long tubes???

I'm just worried about the exit, I know the headers will fit I'm just unsure about the y-pipe. Just trying to get it all lined out before I install it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.