Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it going? New to the site and to Broncoing. Just changed my stock manifolds to full length headers and 2 1/2 pipes into one muffler. at start up im getting a pop from the tail pipe. thought it might be a firing order issue but all wires were good. the egr is disconnected from where the manifolds were but still plugged in. there is a rough idle and the pop goes away until deceleration. am i missing something. can i remove the egr ??? this is an off road Bronco so emissions arent an issue.

·
Registered
710 Posts
mine was popping alot, had no power either. I mean it was really popping alot, turns out my plug wires were arcing so bad that there was no spark getting to some cylinders, unused fuel was getting dumped into the exhaust.

My egr isn't hooked up either, no popping at all. It could be lots of things, a bad valve? it's really hard to say, just from that. Could be that it was doing it before but with the new exhaust you can hear it better now...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the poping is fuel burning in the exhaust. if you had an engine problem before, the long tubes and loud muffler are gunna make them more obvious (noise). run the truck at night with the lights turned off to check for plug wire problems. after that pull all the plugs as inspect. they probly need to be changed anyway. also when playing under the hood i always seem top break at least one vacuum line. a bad vacuum leak might be angering the computer. if you aren't gunna hook up the EGR you need to get the delete kit or delete it yourself (electrical things required to trick computer).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. I forgot that i had to plug the heads so she was running really lean and fouled some plugs. got it fixed and she is running like a champ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts