Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up everyone my name is Vin i just signed up to FSB a few days ago here is my question- Im installing a set of headers (just full length headers no exhaust pipes) on my 1990 302 and i was just wondering if i will have any problems if i do not connect my 02 sensor? and if i will have any problems do i hook up the sensor straight to my headers with an 02 sensor bung? any input would be greatly appreciated-thanks..

·
Registered
897 Posts
Ya, you need that sensor to make the FI system work right. Just add[or have added] a bung to the collector of the pas side header, and your good to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cool thanks. one more thing what should i do with the pipe (i think its the pollution control pipe) that goes into the first Cat. ?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Long tube headers, and leaving them completely open, will make your truck run like ass, it'll sound like ass, and you'll get worse gas mileage, and you'll lose power. With no O2 sensor, you'll get even worse gas mileage, and your EEC won't be happy.

I think you should definitely re-consider.

edit: And I just noticed you live in Staten Island... Are you trying to get tickets? You're most definitely going to be on a lot of people's shitlist haha... I don't think you realize exactly HOW LOUD it will be.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Mount the o2 sensor 3" past the last merge in the collector on the pass side.

Most folks here will tell you that longtubes are a waste of time and space, most eventually regret installing them if they keep there Broncos long enough.

I take it this vehichle will not be driven on the street?

·
Currently FSB divorced
956 Posts
ok cool thanks. one more thing what should i do with the pipe (i think its the pollution control pipe) that goes into the first Cat. ?

Weld it closed as you won't be using it right? Good luck with getting those headers to fit!:toothless Shorties are cool!!:rockon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts