Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i did a search and found lots about exhausts but nothing seemed right...anyway, i ordered my headers yesterday and they should be here by friday...i have to do the exhaust myself, funds are low :cry...i want to run straight pipe off each header, to some cherrybomb mufflers, not the glass packs...the passenger side doesn't seem like a problem, but the driverside is going to be a bear from what i can tell...has anyone done this on their own...or even professionally done on that side and have pictures...is it dumb to route it under the cross member on that side?...i have a 3" body lift, so i don't worry about bottoming out...no many off road places in NJ, so i don't see myself doing that anytime soon...any suggestions is appreciated....

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
is it dumb to route it under the cross member on that side?.
Yes, route it over to the passenger side like the factory "y"-pipe, run both pipes past the transfer case, then you can run the pass drivers side back over.

Wait....
You didn't get long tubes did you? :histerica

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, route it over to the passenger side like the factory "y"-pipe, run both pipes past the transfer case, then you can run the pass drivers side back over.

Wait....
You didn't get long tubes did you? :histerica
yes, i ordered long tubes from summit, why?....

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
It's possible to make it work, but the log tubes will make it even more fun... the best way for you to do it since you have a BL is bend the pipe and go up and over the transfer case.. I would add a heat shield up there to help save the bottom of the bronco..

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,194 Posts
yes, i ordered long tubes from summit, why?....
Well, sometimes they won't fit on the passenger sied due to there being a DRIVE SHAFT in the way, secondly, they decrease ground clearance so I've been told. :rofl:

I agree though, if your hell bent on dual exhaust, run both on the passenger side then split after the xfer case...make sure theres enough room for the driveshaft when fully compressed :thumbup:

KC

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man, i was hoping for a simple install...well, nothing else has been simple, why should this...thanks for the help guys....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts