Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up everyone my name is Vin i just signed up to FSB a few days ago here is my question- Im installing a set of headers (just full length headers no exhaust pipes) on my 1990 302 and i was just wondering if i will have any problems if i do not connect my 02 sensor? and if i will have any problems do i hook up the sensor straight to my headers with an 02 sensor bung? any input would be greatly appreciated-thanks..

·
Support by becoming a
1,314 Posts
:thumbup Welcome to the land of FSB. :beer

·
Registered
22 Posts
header agenda!

I ordered my headers online, and they came with the 02 sensor body already installed in it! just use a thick gasket and torque it down good. Also check it once a week for a month so it doesn't leak and you'll be cool!

·
Registered
52 Posts
welcome

welcome, yes if you dont conect the o2 sensor not only will it throw a code but youll run wayy rich. drill an appropriate size hole weld in the bung and violia.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What you will need to do is get you a o2 bung, drill a hole into the pass side header at collector, weld it or jb weld it, screw in o2 and you are in business. I scrapped my stock exhaust and went with a set of long tubes with true duals, it made a world of difference. Lots of threads on here about headers and true duals not giving you any performance gains, I guess the guys who post these threads have not tried it or are either scared to. They should, it pays off. Good Luck!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts