Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just found out i gotta be in chicago for a sales meeting tomorrow (tuesday and wednesday). flying out this afternoon, staying at the marriot suites o'hare. if the packers game was any indication, i'm thinking i'll just hibernate in my room tonite, but hey, if anyone's around, drop me a pm and i'm up for a brewski or whatever if you're in the neighborhood. :beer

·
Registered
477 Posts
ya dude! chicago is sweet....it was like neg teens here the past few days with the windchill....at least you are not right downtown though, the wind off the lake is killer if youre not used to the cold...

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just got back. holy hell, chicago is ALOT colder than NYC, that weather SUCKS! i froze my freaking ass off, and i thought i was used to the cold. the wind chill doesn't help matters any, it just goes right through you. man that is some brutal weather you guys got there.

my flight to chicago was delayed by 4 hours due to low visability at o'hare, then we sat on the tarmac at jfk because it started snowing at o'hare and they had to plow the runways. my 4:20pm flite didn't leave until 10:30pm, it sucked. then sat in meetings for two days. it sucked. then today, it starts snowing again, and when i got to o'hare, i see my 7 pm flite is delayed until 10pm (which sucked), so i managed to hop on an earlier flite which was just boarding, although i had to pay $40 to change, which also sucked.

oh and the marriott suites o'hare doesn't have wireless internet in the rooms, either, which sucks. if you want internet, they have dial up. for 12.95 per day.

all in all, just a lousy trip. the next time i go to chicago i hope it's at least in the summertime. someone told me they have a nice aquarium there.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
welcome to chicago weather jackhart!! :toothless come visit us when the seasons start to change. then the old saying "If you don't like Chicago weather, wait 10 minutes, it'll change." really applies. :brownbag

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
i just got back. holy hell, chicago is ALOT colder than NYC, that weather SUCKS! i froze my freaking ass off, and i thought i was used to the cold. the wind chill doesn't help matters any, it just goes right through you. man that is some brutal weather you guys got there.
ya, it sucks here! froze my ass off all week hooking up to frozen semi trucks on the freeways! my coveralls where frozen like a board and full of salt an inch deep. my big wrecker never got shut off last week do to be so busy with the cold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts