Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone out there may have a problem like this before and can point me in the right direction. I have a headlamp issue with my 96 XLT, I just bought the vehicle and found out the first night of driving that the high beam indicator light stays on when the lights are on. On low beam the headlamps work normal, switch to highbeams and the lights dimm. I figured it was maybe a ground issue but after spending about an hour or so checking out the wiring under the hood i determined they where good. I had a friend tell me that broncos have issues with the light switch on the dash and the directional switches. I checked one of the headlamp sockets at my work and found out that when the high beams are turned on the lowbeam still has voltage, so both filaments in the bulb are trying to turn on and i'm guessing with only the one ground thats why they dimm.
any input would be great. And If anyone could send me a wiring diagram via e-mail that would be awesome

I also had the left headlamp turn on a sec or 2 after the right one did a few time when I pulled out the light switch to on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts