Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 93 and when you flip on the brights the low beams cut out. Is there a way to make it so that when you flip on your bright the low beams stay on?

Does it create too much heat in the housing to have both hi and low on at the same time?

Yeah I did a search and didn't see anything.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I can't see crap infront of me with just the brights on. I could just get a set of foglights but I like being different. It looks like you like to leave everything bone stock the way the factory designed it. Nothing wrong with that and they wouldprobably work fine if that were the case but mine has a SAS (not Ford's design for that year), 35in tires (not Ford spec), 6.5in lift(way outa Fords design specs). But then again I have modified every vehicle I've ever owned.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Yes, the bulbs will generate too much heat and burn out within about 5 minutes of running both elements at the same time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
On my 1989 Taurus SHO, the low beams would turn off when you turned on the brights, but if you did the "flash to pass", both the low and high beams would stay on. Good for short periods. Not sure about the Bronco.

I recently installed Sylvania Silverstar ULTRA bulbs in the Bronco, and was surprised how much brighter they are than stock 9007 bulbs. I also use the Sylvania Silverstar on my motorcycle and it works way better (brighter) than stock.

Scott

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recently installed Sylvania Silverstar ULTRA bulbs in the Bronco, and was surprised how much brighter they are than stock 9007 bulbs. I also use the Sylvania Silverstar on my motorcycle and it works way better (brighter) than stock.

Scott
Thanks Scott, I may get a set of those. I had a feeling that they would burn out. Just thought I'd give it a shot

·
Registered
959 Posts
I dont know if Doba did this but there are adjusters for the headlamps and when you get them how they were lined up from the factory it is night and day difference.

·
Registered
517 Posts
If you get the new wiring harnes (upgraded) from fireguy it will make a big diffrence also. With the silver star it will be around 50% brighter. Just a thought.

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
just get an HID kit and be done with it. Draws less power and up to x3 brighter. Or get some fogs with H4 bulbs and put HIDs in there.. You won't even need headlights.

But yes having the two lights in the one bulb will burn them out quick.

At bestbuy they sell redline simulated HIDs for 12 bucks... Much cheaper than those silivan lights for 40 bucks and are just as bright. I have them in my bronco now as I can't get hids for the beast.. People complain my lights are too bright as it is. And yes I know those redline bulbs are just as bright, I worked at pep boys as a driver back in the day an got lot of free goodies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts