Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace the switch in my '88, wondering if anyone can give me the rundown on how to remove that portion of the dash and replace it. I know how the trim piece comes off but what do you do with the light and wiper knobs to gain access back there?
All I have is a Chiltons manual right now and it is useless for this.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well if you havent figured it out yet, (took me awhile), look at the narrow part of the knob and you will see a notch. Using a thin screwdriver, you need to push a small metal tab towards the larger part of the knob. This will release the knob and then you can see just how that little metal PITA thing works. After that just remove the nut that holds the switch on place. You may have to cut a bit of the wiring loom cover to get enough wire slack so that you can actually unplug the switch.

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
Knobs come off using a small flathead screwdriver or pick in the notch at the base of the knobs. Loosen trim, use a box wrench or deep socket on the retaining nut of the switch, unplug switch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I replaced it this afternoon. Once I figured out how to get the knobs off it only took a couple of mins.

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts