Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
F.O.T.Y. 2003
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isnt a bronco, but the same thing could be done.

These lights feature a replacable bulb like newer rigs have

Looks pretty good in there...you could stop here, they plug into the stock wiring...But I also wanted to run it thru a relay.

So we pulled out the headlight harness to redo some of it...I am actually removing the inner headights on the fairlane, as the outers now have hi-lo

Hella makes a real cool double relay, we ran Hi on one side, Lo on the other

What do you think?

Videos...
http://www.superford.org/getfile.php?id=100091
http://www.superford.org/getfile.php?id=100092

Headights are a MAJOR inprovement.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,746 Posts
Cool, but my dad would never let me do that to his car, he still has OEM headlamps in it. (from '66 :thumbup)
Just out of curiosity, what are you planning on doing with the 2 extra holes in the dash now?

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
nice deal. you know i always envy the guys with garages. i think all i really need is the concrete floor. nobody ever has any room in the garage in their pics it seems.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
yea, i bought a set of the square ones out of jc whitney, then i bought 55w low beam, and 100 or 110w high beams...not dot approved but they sure do light the road up...it seams like people turn their brights off sooner when they are coming towards me at night :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
i bought Silverstar extrawhites, like 18 bucks at VIP a peice, just swap in the bulbs and everything is soo white and clear now,

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I did the same swap a few years ago. Used Cibie headlight housing with PIAA bulbs. It was a good improvement but the upgrade of the wiring with relays was even more noticeable.

·
Registered
632 Posts
i did the swap on my 85 bronco from sealed beams to h4's with a crystal clear housing

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
Looks good, watt they run you? I wanna do the same to the 'Stang....

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
Cool, Thanx for the quick response... :thumbup

Allcruisen :imp :usa

1 - 20 of 25 Posts