Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a headlight wiring harness from JBG for my 78 but it doesn't seem plug and play at all? Kind of confused as to what the problem is... The kit has the 3 prong style connector while the stock harness has the 4 prong style one?

Also my passenger side headlight is way dimmer on the stock harness than my driver side one, any idea on why that is? Running the Headlight upgrade from JBG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Bronco 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,181 Posts
That's pretty funny. The harness taps into one of the headlight plugs that's right behind the bulb. The one you unplugged (4-prong) is for the entire light harness on that corner of the Bronco (headlight, side marker, blinker).

·
Registered
78 Bronco 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,181 Posts
I'll see if I have any pics of mine. I did it to my Bronco and my truck, but I used the harness from LMC, which should be the same harness from the looks of it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's pretty funny. The harness taps into one of the headlight plugs that's right behind the bulb. The one you unplugged (4-prong) is for the entire light harness on that corner of the Bronco (headlight, side marker, blinker).
I'm so confused lol. So basically the two female three prong plugs go to the bulbs and the male three prong just goes to either one of the existing harness?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Actually, here's a better idea than finding pics of mine. This is a write-up from FTE on the 73-79 forum, but it should work just fine for our 78/79 Broncos.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, here's a better idea than finding pics of mine. This is a write-up from FTE on the 73-79 forum, but it should work just fine for our 78/79 Broncos.

Wow I feel like an idiot, been raking my brain for weeks over this haha. Thanks for helping put my mind at ease

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Yeah, no problem.

The worse your electrical system the better the results will be from the harness. I added it to my F100 and didn't see a real change, but that truck's electricals are in really good shape for being so old. I noticed a big change with my Bronco.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, no problem.

The worse your electrical system the better the results will be from the harness. I added it to my F100 and didn't see a real change, but that truck's electricals are in really good shape for being so old. I noticed a big change with my Bronco.
The whole thing is a rats nest from lazy PO's jerry rigging a bunch of stuff on there. Eventually need to get around to rewiring with a painless harness or something like that but thats wayy down the line

1 - 10 of 10 Posts